New poll for RawPortland

  • RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2005
      RawPortland group:

      Should the Raw Adventure Weekends (potluck & hike) in the
      Gorge happen again this summer?

      o Yes
      o No
      o On a Saturday
      o On a Sunday

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Annette
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2005
        As you've already been notified, I've added a poll to determine
        interest in the Raw Adventure Weekend in the Gorge.

        Over the past two or three summers, we have hosted a potluck and hike
        out near our home in the Columbia River Gorge (just east of
        Stevenson). Although interest is always high, attendance is usually
        low. I am submitting the poll to see whether you would be interested
        and what day would work best for you.

        This has usually been a hike first, followed by the potluck. People
        not interested in hiking joined us later for the potluck. We usually
        met around noon and often I was saying "goodbye" to the last person
        around 7PM.

        From most places in Portland, the beautiful drive out is an hour or less.

        Many of the places we go to hike require the Forest Service's Trail
        Pass -- either about $30 annually or $5 daily, so it works well to
        carpool.

        Thanks for taking time to vote in the poll so I can work on my
        calendar for the summer.

        Annette
      • RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2005
          RawPortland group:

          If the Potluck & Hike in the Gorge were to be revived, which
          weekend most often would work for you?

          o First Weekend
          o Second Weekend
          o Third Weekend
          o Fourth Weekend

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2005
            RawPortland group:

            Dan Hoyt, co-founder and chef of Quintessence raw foods
            restaurant in New York City, would like to visit Portland
            in September or October 2005. He will put on a showcase,
            food demo, and Q & A session if there are enough people
            interested.

            Check out his incredible website with food photographs,
            http://www.raw-q.com

            If you want to see Dan and learn how to make the best food
            in the world, vote in the poll! He won't come here if you
            don't vote!

            o Yes!! I want to attend Dan's workshop and learn how to make the best food on the planet!
            o No, I don't like raw gourmet foods and won't be attending.

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!