Plastic question

  • chai_mama@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2005
      I recently read that plastics #3, 6 and 7 are ppotentially health hazards--this includes polycarbonate (Nalgene). I am wondering what folks are using in place of these, esp. for backpacking, etc. (where lightweight water bottles are essential)?
      thanks!
      blessings,
      Leslie
    • charlie_brush
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2005
        I am going to purchase one of these water bottles...

        http://www.kleankanteen.com/

        Charlie

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "chai_mama@j..."
        <chai_mama@j...> wrote:

        > I recently read that plastics #3, 6 and 7 are ppotentially health
        hazards--this includes polycarbonate (Nalgene). I am wondering what
        folks are using in place of these, esp. for backpacking, etc. (where
        lightweight water bottles are essential)?
        > thanks!
        > blessings,
        > Leslie
      • christine
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
          not lightweight, but i love those french limonade bottles - a
          regular size glass bottle with a rubber stopper. a friend made a
          macrame holder and it works well!

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "charlie_brush"