Miami-Dade County

  • mark_l_nicholson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      What Kathleen's friend BJ said about the state of things in Miami
      Dade County is true. My brother is a federal prosecutor there
      specializing in Medicare fraud and he was just telling me at
      Christmas how bad and hard to break up the corruption there is. All
      the medical contracts in the area are negotiated by a "good-old-boy"
      network that enriches the "good-old-boys". He told me of a case
      where a group of doctors who worked for a company that provided
      services to one of the hospitals quit the company and formed their
      own and offered to do the same service for the hospital for one
      million dollars less and the contract was still awarded to the
      previous company. Kind of depressing.

      Regards,

      Mark