Grass Juicers

  • Kathleen Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hi all,
      Am looking to buy a good grass juicer as economically as possible. Would like to hear what are the best juicers, and where are the best prices. Used is fine.
      Kathleen
    • Celeste Crimi
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2005
        I have a Green Star, put out by the makers of Green Power.  Bought it new, ordered online, I think it was $375.  Has magnets inside the 2 masticating, slow-rotating rods that are designed to prolong freshness while maintaining nutrient integrity.

        I like it a lot, but usually find myself making 'Boutenko style' juice in my $100 KitchenAid blender.  That is, Blend the item to be juiced with enough water to allow the mixture to turn over in the blender, until a liquid 'mush' is created.  Strain through a cloth bag made for this purpose (sometimes called a 'nut milk bag').  At my house, I use a panel cut from an old t-shirt, squeezing and wringing the cloth, with the pulp inside, until relatively dry.  Then I feed the pulp to my animals, or throw it outside for compost.

        Clean-up is also easy;  I just rinse out the blender, don't disassemble, skip the soap.

        This works for grasses, weeds, herbs, etc, mixed with whole lemons/apples/pears, or not.  Whatever.

        For used juicers, I did an Internet search and there was a site where people could advertise their used juicers for sale.  I bet you could find it, too.

        Good luck!

        Celeste Crimi
        Beaverton

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2005
          Many thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information!
          Kathleen