Synergy Sustainable Living Conference

  • alexisjaquin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Synergy: The Fourth Annual Sustainable Living Conference

      Olympia, WA February 9-12th, 2005-

      Synergy: The Fourth Annual Sustainable Living Conference will take place
      February 9-12, 2005, on the the Evergreen State College campus in
      Olympia, WA.
      This conference is a forum to highlight the intertwining themes of Social
      Justice, Environmental Ethics, Cultural Identity, Spiritual and
      Physical Health,
      and the Spoken, Musical and Visual Arts.

      Keynote speakers include Amy Goodman on Political Justice, Tom Bender on
      Sustainable Design, Paul Stamets (Fungi Perfecti) on Natural Intelligence,
      Graciela Monteguido on Labor Action in Argentina, Laura "Piece" Kelly from
      Seattle on Spoken Word, Brian Tokar on agriculture and Genetically
      Modified
      Organisms, Gilbert Walking Bull on indigenous wisdom and wilderness
      survival
      skills, and many more! There will be Workshops and Panel discussions
      ranging
      from Wild Foods to Clean Fuels. There will be a recycled material
      fashion show,
      fire-dancing, bike festivities, vending and art shows; a full on
      festive atmosphere!

      Synergy is being organized by a non-profit coalition of student
      organizations,
      each focusing on a different facet of sustainable living. The title
      of this
      event reflects our belief that the solutions to the world's problems
      can only be
      solved through collaboration, where the whole becomes more than the
      sum of its
      parts.

      For more information you can access our website at:
      www.evergreen.edu/synergy.

      Tickets are $5/day to non-students and available from our website.