Re: [RawPortland] Digest Number 214

  • Becca LeTourneau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      I shop at the Alberta Street Co-op and New Seasons, primarily because they're in my neighborhood. People's Co-op, Food Front, Whole Foods, Nature's and the Daily Grind are also good, depending on where you live. Prices tend to be relatively consistent as long as you are comparing organic to organic. Some quality varies and not every store carries every specialty item (like dried Nori rather than toasted, for example). Co-ops are the best bet, for a lot of reasons. They're a good thing to support and they're very receptive to special requests, like raw carob, etc. They buy locally and recycle more as well. All of the stores I listed have good bulk departments where you can get good nuts that are raw and organic. This is where the big-price items may push your grocery budget over the edge. Again, I find prices are usually pretty consistent between the stores. You might also check out Trader Joe's. I don't shop there too often, but they do have better prices I think. Good luck and welcome to the community!

      RawPortland@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
      often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/5F6XtA/.WnJAA/E2hLAA/6iHolB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Guidance
      From: "sisteronthescene"

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:52:45 -0000
      From: "sisteronthescene"
      Subject: Guidance

      Greetings~

      Looking for some guidance from the community! I'm pretty new to the
      area and new to raw-foodism. I have have read many books from the
      library and am highly motivated to make this lifestyle change.

      I would like to know where some of you shop for your fresh seasonal
      organic fruits & greens and preferably those that are priced with
      reason. Also, where are some good places to get raw, unprocessed nuts,
      seeds, etc? I've looked a few places and have not been impressed with
      the selection presented, ugh!

      Any tips to pass along that helped you in the beginning would be
      helpful too! Thanks in advance! Cheers!
      ~Mary~

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Becca LeTourneau