Not Quite Portland..Is that Okay?

  • Tanja von Hannover
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2004
      I'm in the Other Side of the state, Klamath Falls. Is that okay?
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2004
        > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Tanja von Hannover wrote:
        > I'm in the Other Side of the state, Klamath Falls. Is that okay?

        Hi Tanja,

        That is okay, welcome! This group is open to everyone. I've read
        about your town and I eat the blue-green algae from Klamath Falls. I
        have some extra bottles of E3 Live if anyone is interested. I don't
        have any more room left in my freezer!

        I had fun at the Eden Health Ministry potluck last week. Paul Nison
        gave a great presentation. Next month they are hosting the children
        of the Raw Family, Sergie and Valya Boutenko. They are authors
        of "Eating Without Heating", I've made many delicious recipes from
        their book. If you'd like to attend please RSVP with the Iijimas by
        Saturday, April 10 by phone or e-mail:
        (503) 518-3632
        info@...

        This is from the newsletter:
        Sergei and Valya Boutenko Food Preparation Class
        Saturday, April 17, 5pm- 7pm at Eden Health Classroom
        Join renown authors and chefs Sergei and Valya for a 2-hour course on
        quick and easy live food preparation! Learn how to make the most
        needed recipes: Crackers, Live entrees, cheese, soups, salad
        dressings, milk, milk shake, pudding, cakes, candy, ice cream, and
        more! Cost is $25 and includes recipes and food.
        http://www.sergeiandvalya.com
        http://www.rawfamily.com

        I've been playing around with this neat little tool:
        http://www.shazzie.com/raw/nutrition/index.shtml
        "Free dietary analysis
        Excel spreadsheet (97 or later, zipped) which analyses your daily
        food intake. Made especially for raw fooders by John "the science
        bit" Coleman"

        Have a great day!

        Mike
      • Tanja von Hannover
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22, 2004
          Mike,
          *Blinks* The blue-Green Algae kinda scares me...they grow it in
          klamath lake..Huge lake, I think the dimensions are somewhere around
          thirty miles by Seven miles at its widest points...But a lot of
          people think it's funny when the bottle says it's grown in a clear
          blue mountian lake...The algae is grown in that lake...Algae is
          green...How can they call it a clear blue lake? *Smirks* But it is
          very good for you, from what I've seen. I'm new to this whole Raw
          Food Diet, and haven't gone all the way yet, I can't really, I've
          been staying with family and they're big meat eaters...so all but
          Dinner I eat Raw, then at dinner I eat cooked foods...Not my choice,
          but it would be rude to turn my nose up at their food....yes?
          Anyway, Thanks for letting me Join :-)
          -Tanja
        • Thomas & Gabrielle Chavez
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
            Hi Tanja,

            My name is Thomas, and I too think it is great that you want to join our community from K-falls.  I know a raw couple in your town who have nothing to do with blue-green.  Would you like their contact info?

            The other raw folk that I know of there are the owners of one of the blue-green harvesting and marketing companies.  That clear mountain lake stuff is, as you can see, just part of the marketing image - like healthy, fun loving cigarette smokers pictured on billboards.  Klamath Lake collects varying amounts of agricultural run-off (farm chemicals) over the year.  Most of the algae harvest comes out of canals that run out from the lake, where the companies can control the water quality.

            In Light and Love,  Thomas
          • L W
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
              where is eden health ministry?

              > I'm in the Other Side of the state, Klamath Falls. Is that okay?

              Hi Tanja,

                 That is okay, welcome! This group is open to everyone. I've read
              about your town and I eat the blue-green algae from Klamath Falls. I
              have some extra bottles of E3 Live if anyone is interested. I don't
              have any more room left in my freezer!

                I had fun at the Eden Health Ministry potluck last week. Paul Nison
              gave a great presentation. Next month they are hosting the children
              of the Raw Family, Sergie and Valya Boutenko. They are authors
              of "Eating Without Heating", I've made many delicious recipes from
              their book. If you'd like to attend please RSVP with the Iijimas by
              Saturday, April 10 by phone or e-mail:
              (503) 518-3632

              This is from the newsletter:
              Sergei and Valya Boutenko Food Preparation Class
              Saturday, April 17, 5pm- 7pm at Eden Health Classroom
              Join renown authors and chefs Sergei and Valya for a 2-hour course on
              quick and easy live food preparation! Learn how to make the most
              needed recipes: Crackers, Live entrees, cheese, soups, salad
              dressings, milk, milk shake, pudding, cakes, candy, ice cream, and
              more! Cost is $25 and includes recipes and food.

              I've been playing around with this neat little tool:
              "Free dietary analysis
              Excel spreadsheet (97 or later, zipped) which analyses your daily
              food intake. Made especially for raw fooders by John "the science
              bit" Coleman"

                Have a great day!

                Mike

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Tanja von Hannover
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
                Moin Thomas,

                Very, Very Good points...As for blue-Green, I didn't want to say
                anything like that, because some people love it.
                Sure, I'd love to get in contact with them...you can give them my
                email if you want, it's uvb_befehlshaber@... ^_^
                Peace Love and Pancakes!
                -Tanja

                Hi Tanja,

                My name is Thomas, and I too think it is great that you want to join
                our community from K-falls. I know a raw couple in your town who
                have nothing to do with blue-green. Would you like their contact
                info?

                The other raw folk that I know of there are the owners of one of the
                blue-green harvesting and marketing companies. That clear mountain
                lake stuff is, as you can see, just part of the marketing image -
                like healthy, fun loving cigarette smokers pictured on billboards.
                Klamath Lake collects varying amounts of agricultural run-off (farm
                chemicals) over the year. Most of the algae harvest comes out of
                canals that run out from the lake, where the companies can control
                the water quality.

                In Light and Love, Thomas
              • Janelle Orchid
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004

                  Wow! You have some of that Algae left? I would love to buy a bottle from you! Lets get together soon!! i would like to attend this presentation...can I rsvp with you? Will you tell me more about it? See you soon. Janelle

                  >From: "Mike" <snyder68@...>
                  >To: RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [RawPortland] Re: Not Quite Portland..Is that Okay?
                  >Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:19:31 -0000
                  >
                  > > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Tanja von Hannover wrote:
                  > > I'm in the Other Side of the state, Klamath Falls. Is that okay?
                  >
                  >Hi Tanja,
                  >
                  >    That is okay, welcome! This group is open to everyone. I've read
                  >about your town and I eat the blue-green algae from Klamath Falls. I
                  >have some extra bottles of E3 Live if anyone is interested. I don't
                  >have any more room left in my freezer!
                  >
                  >  I had fun at the Eden Health Ministry potluck last week. Paul Nison
                  >gave a great presentation. Next month they are hosting the children
                  >of the Raw Family, Sergie and Valya Boutenko. They are authors
                  >of "Eating Without Heating", I've made many delicious recipes from
                  >their book. If you'd like to attend please RSVP with the Iijimas by
                  >Saturday, April 10 by phone or e-mail:
                  >(503) 518-3632
                  >info@...
                  >
                  >This is from the newsletter:
                  >Sergei and Valya Boutenko Food Preparation Class
                  >Saturday, April 17, 5pm- 7pm at Eden Health Classroom
                  >Join renown authors and chefs Sergei and Valya for a 2-hour course on
                  >quick and easy live food preparation! Learn how to make the most
                  >needed recipes: Crackers, Live entrees, cheese, soups, salad
                  >dressings, milk, milk shake, pudding, cakes, candy, ice cream, and
                  >more! Cost is $25 and includes recipes and food.
                  >http://www.sergeiandvalya.com
                  >http://www.rawfamily.com
                  >
                  >I've been playing around with this neat little tool:
                  >http://www.shazzie.com/raw/nutrition/index.shtml
                  >"Free dietary analysis
                  >Excel spreadsheet (97 or later, zipped) which analyses your daily
                  >food intake. Made especially for raw fooders by John "the science
                  >bit" Coleman"
                  >
                  >   Have a great day!
                  >
                  >  Mike

                  Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee´┐Ż Security.
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
                    Hi Lori and Janelle,

                    Eden Health Ministries address is 20349 S. Leland Rd. in Oregon
                    City, OR 97045. For directions, more information, and R.S.V.P.
                    Contact Crystal Iijima, 503-518-3632, info@...

                    It is located off I-205 exit 10, pretty close to Clackamas Community
                    College. Don't use mapquest because the directions are not accurate.
                    It is about a 30 to 40 minute drive from downtown Portland, if anyone
                    is interested in carpooling to the Sergei and Valya event give me an
                    e-mail or call. Have a great day!

                    Mike
                  • L W
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
                      thanks mike, i am interested in going to that event...  if time allows.

                      gratefully,

                      lw

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 25, 2004
                        Hi everyone!

                        Mike, if you want to car pool driving the truck again,
                        I'm up for that. When is this event and is it free?

                        I'll be placing an ad in the paper soon looking for
                        child care clients, and when I start doing that again
                        I'll be pretty tired by the end of the day it will be
                        harder for me to get motivated to go anyplace so I
                        should make the best of my free time now.

                        I found the cutest house on 72nd that is right across
                        from Mt. Scott community Center, I hope I get it..it
                        will be avail. for rent May 1st. It even has a glass
                        green-house with piped in water!

                        Love,
                        Prism (Betty)

                        --- Mike <snyder68@...> wrote:
                        > Hi Lori and Janelle,
                        >
                        > Eden Health Ministries address is 20349 S. Leland
                        > Rd. in Oregon
                        > City, OR 97045. For directions, more information,
                        > and R.S.V.P.
                        > Contact Crystal Iijima, 503-518-3632,
                        > info@...
                        >
                        > It is located off I-205 exit 10, pretty close to
                        > Clackamas Community
                        > College. Don't use mapquest because the directions
                        > are not accurate.
                        > It is about a 30 to 40 minute drive from downtown
                        > Portland, if anyone
                        > is interested in carpooling to the Sergei and Valya
                        > event give me an
                        > e-mail or call. Have a great day!
                        >
                        > Mike

                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                      • prismkitten
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 25, 2004
                          Hi Mike,

                          I just went back to the email with the details of that event and it
                          costs $25.00, so I think I'll pass on it. I may need every penny for
                          the house rental and other bills.

                          Love,
                          Prism