Fw: [RawPortland] raw juice combo

  • Celeste Crimi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2004

      Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 4:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [RawPortland] raw juice combo

      One of my favorite juices is watermelon rind juice.  it tastes like mild, refreshing lemon cucumber, is a light-filled springtime shade of green, and injects a mental clarity that makes me want to go take an exam 'cause I know I'd ace it.

      I also love the Boutenkos-style green juice, which is:

      1/2 lemon--peel, seeds and all
      1 apple--peel, seeds and all
      1 big handful kale leaves
      2 c or so filtered water

      Put it all in the blender until pureed, then strain.  yum, yum!

      I also like the simplicity of apple and ginger, or pear and ginger, or apple, pear and ginger.  Either with a traditional juicer, or with the blender/water method.

      Gabrielle Thomas made a delicious, delicious, wonderful, delicious juice at one of her dinners when she was testing recipes for the book she wrote.  Gabrielle, do you care to share that recipe?  It was divine (the mint limeade)!

      Now I want some juice--that was a dirty trick to play on a girl!  :)

      Celeste Crimi