:: SmartMonkey Foods - menu, Dec 8th + NEWS ::

  • ani phyo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      SMARTMONKEY FOODS newsletter

      Due to the short week and our trip to Seattle next
      week, I�m sending out our newsletter a day earlier.
      Happy Giving Thanks Day!!

      1) SmartMonkey Foods in the NEWS...look for us in this
      week�s Portland Mercury�s Holiday Food and Drink Guide

      2) WED Dec 1st dinner CANCELED � we�ll be in Seattle
      catering for Whole Foods Markets!

      3) WED Dec 8th menu

      4) SmartMonkey Foods UnCookbook AVAILABLE NOW!

      1. SmartMonkey Foods in the NEWS...look for us in this
      week�s Portland Mercury�s �Holiday Food and Drink
      Guide�

      Though never thought of myself as a bartender....
      :) enjoy this recipe from our UnCookbook, The Art of
      Raw, below or read online at:
      http://www.portlandmercury.com/2004-11-18/ex4.html

      �HOLIDAY DRINKS FROM PORTLAND'S FINEST BARTENDERS!

      Almond Nog (non-alcoholic)

      The raw foodies at Smart Monkey foods give you this
      healthy, delicious raw food nog.

      1/4 cup almonds. Soak in filtered water for 8-12 hours
      and rinse well
      5 dates, pitted
      1/2 pod vanilla bean, optional
      1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
      3 cups coconut water or filtered water

      Blend ingredients with one cup water until smooth,
      Then, add remaining two cups water, blend and drink!
      Almond nog will keep for several days in the fridge,
      and makes a great morning drink, too! KS

      *If you enjoy the fact that the Portland Mercury
      included our RAW Food recipe as a vegan raw
      alternative for the holidays....please let them know
      by writing a letter to the editor!!

      2. WED Dec 1st dinner - CANCELED

      SmartMonkey Foods will be in Seattle, WA next week
      catering for the senior management team meeting for
      Whole Foods Markets, as well as for the employees for
      their Seattle store.

      We�re thrilled to be invited by the general manager
      after our last Seattle class. They are interested in
      tasting our gourmet RAW LIVING cuisine, and in
      learning more about the raw foods lifestyle.

      This is an exciting opportunity for SmartMonkey Foods,
      as well as for the Raw-Living Foods community as a
      whole!

      So, no dinner on Dec 1st for a good cause.....next
      dinner is on WED Nov 8th (menu below)

      3. Menu � Wed December 8th

      $15 plate
      Mock Tuna Salad Wrap
      &
      Cabbage and Kale Slaw with Greek Dressing

      $6 soup
      Cucumber Oregano Soup

      $5 drink
      Nutnog

      $6 special dessert
      Pecan Chai Pie

      Ensure your selections by calling:
      (503) 236-7878
      with your order December 6th, 6pm

      4. SmartMonkey Foods UnCookbook
      AVAILABLE NOW!

      Our UnCookbook: The Art of Raw, is now available from
      us at our classes and wed night dinners.

      Thank you all for your support and for your patience.
      Our book is dedicated to all of us busy folks who
      strive for health, vitality, and optimal performance.
      These recipes are designed to be fast � easy �
      nutritious - delicious!

      For the latest info, please visit our website:
      http://www.smartmonkeyfoods.com

      Have a wonderful Giving Thanks day!!
      We hope to see you soon, healthy regards,
      Ani
      Ani Phyo
      SmartMonkey Foods | Organic Vegan Living Cuisine
      http://www.smartmonkeyfoods.com
      (503) 236-7878 office

      =====
      SmartMonkey Foods