Cheap, quick, flavourfull, live kraut.

  • alan mikoleit
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Hello Portland live

         On my site  www.greenlivingoasis.com I sell some fairly cheap suarkruat and pickle makers. No matter what you put in it, it only takes 4 days every time and it's full proof. Today I'm going to make suarkraut and pickled onions. I prefer red cabbage to the green. Just 2 tbls of sun dried celtic sea salt per batch is all that is needed. Other herbs and spices are up to you. Back in Fl. Andy Firk said he was once at a suarkruat making and tasting contest with hippocrates as one of the contestants. He said none of them tasted all that good and my kraut would have easily won. I will bring some to Mike's next potluck. I use a hand grater to get the right texture. Others use a food processor. Makes great dill pickles too.

      When I lived here before there was an oriental store on Hall in Beaverton that sold ChimKhi

      Alan