foie gras -- ALERT

  • pagodi94
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Primarily for Californians who subscribe to this group, this came in
      the email from SFVeg@yahoogroups.com Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:16:58 -
      0700 (PDT)From: Thea Langsam <thea_langsam@...>
      Subject: foie gras -- ALERT

      Hi all,

      I just received an e-mail from Farm Sanctuary, and they are very
      concerned that the governor will VETO the foie gras bill unless he
      hears from A LOT of people who strongly support this legislation.

      The foie gras bill is now one of the bills that you can support with
      an automated phone call (i.e., you no longer have to wait for an
      operator). Farm Sanctuary has conveniently provided the info for us:

      Call 916-445-2841. In the automated message,

      press 2 to voice concern on a bill,

      then press 4 to comment on SB 1520,

      then press 1 to support the bill.

      Farm Sanctuary asks: Please call as many times as you can, and urge
      everyone you know to do the same! The phones have been very busy, so
      if you don't get through the first time, just try back later.

      You can also email the governor using his web form at email
      http://www.govmail.ca.gov On the subject line, scroll to "Force
      fed birds/SB01520" and choose "SUPPORT" to show your support for
      this legislation.

      Finally, I'm not (yet!) a member of many of the local veggie groups,
      so I can't send e-mails to them. Will someone please forward this
      to B.A.A.R.N., the East Bay group, IDA, etc? Let's get the word out!

      Thank you so much!

      Thea