Fw: Help Needed Today for Festival Set up!!

  • Stan Keightley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 12:48 PM
      Hi Stan, thanks so much for helping me get the word out.

      Warm bodies are in short supply today at the Raw Festival grounds. It's
      11:30 am, I just spoke with John Checkal on the phone and he said that
      they have 7 of 38 tents set up for the festival. For those who don't
      know, this festival is almost entirely an outdoor event, with tents
      being the entire physical structure to provide space for our classes
      and vendors. Getting this part done on-time is crucial to the festival
      getting off on the right foot.

      If you have even just a couple of hours of your time to donate , it
      will go a long way toward averting a crisis. And...it will go a long
      way toward helping the all-volunteer staff of this festival feel
      supported. They all work very very hard to put this event
      together...the planning started last year! Meetings, phone calls,
      conferences, more meetings...you get the picture. The set-up phase is
      just the tip of the iceberg. It's folks like you and me, who come
      together at this time to breathe life into the physical part of the
      festival, that are indespensable.

      The tents are easy to put up...but they take several people working
      together to make it happen. You can get directions to the site at
      www.rawfestival.com. Or you can call me, Jim, at 503-464-6029, or John
      Checkal at 503-780-7427.

      Thanks, and may you have an earth shattering experience at the festival
      this year!

      Jim Brosseau