Re: Investment Update for Ecovillage - commercial kitchen available.

  • William Milmoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 6:59 PM
      Jaina:

      Interesting... I would love to join an existing eco-village but there are non I can afford right now or that have the size and diversity I want.  Not sure how far I will get with the "creating one" but it is a 'practice'.

      Glad to hear you have wisdom, patience and persistence!  We have all the time in the universe (eternity) if you believe like I do in re-incar...  so what we start and do not finish in this life on this planet we can continue next lifetime on the next planet (I am hoping for a gentler, kinder populated one...).

      If you have some do-re-mi email me off list.  If you want to be part of the wholesale organic raw food mfg'er email me off list. Otherwise what good are your talents to me if you don't have the time to use them?

      I want to form community, draw up agreements, purchase land.

      The lowest price useable land I have seen is $47,000 for a 9k sq. ft. lot in S.E. Portland.  We need at least half of the purchase price to purchase unless the seller will do a contract.  My plan now is buy something like that.  Build a 'shed' or two, plant and nurture a food forest. Then sell it to someone and repeat the process.  I do not want to do it all nor do I want to hire everyone.  I want "partners" in every sense of the word.  When I have the natural building skills and $$ to buy a lot for myself in SE near People's co-op or NE near Alberta co-op I might retire and call Portland my "eco-village' or by then we may have a community of people interested in developing a 'seed' ecovillage locally like Dancing Rabbit or Breitenbush Hot Springs etc.  My goal is to go carless.  Walk and tricycle most of the time.  If you want details of my first two projects let me know or come visit my urban farm.

      Tell me more what you are willing to do and what you want to create and why.

      Have you read "The Fifth Sacred Thing" by StarHawk?

      Namaste

      Bill

      I do not want to join an already-established eco-village; the only one that seemed feasible economically (Kailash) was not my cup of tea.  I don't need housing immediately, either.

      Patience and persistence are my specialties.  I like to think wisdom is as well.  My bugaboo is time however:  I'm always running short of it for what I'd like to accomplish.  So unless I could see a clear barter, a current-moment exchange for whatever skills I could donate ---and they are many, from accomplished vermiculture to legal prowess (worms to worms, with superb kale chips on the side) --- I'd be hesitant to invest time at this point.

      So I'm trying to get a clearer sense of what stage you're at, what you're looking for besides investors?  Perhaps investors are really all you need at this point?