Re: [RawPortland] Investment Update for Ecovillage - commercial kitchen available...

  • Earthpoint Twelve
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2013
      Hello Bill,

      I'm intrigued by this ecovillage.  A bit about me:

      Now in my mid-50s, ready to power down a bit on the competitive lifestyle I sought for years, I have a decade and a half's experience with raw food prep.  That includes over a half-year running Gabriel Cousens' greenhouse at Tree of Life, where among other duties I redesigned the physical structure of his greenhouse, cultivated wheatgrass, taught guests vermiculture and how to sprout.

      With a master's and a law degree obtained in mid-life, I also have strong education/writing/marketing skills and a thorough understanding law's role in capitalism.

      I moved to PDX last August when my kid got a full scholarship to Reed College.  I am considering staying on, if I can find a way of living/place to live that is satisfying.

      FYI - I'd be a wee and eye at this point.

      Jaina

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
        Hello Jaina,

        Welcome to the NW. Congratulations on your young adult getting a scholarship to Reed a very nice school.

        Because you are new to the area, you may not have seen my previous emails. I am looking to develop a community of like minded people to purchase and develop property into a "Real" ecovillage. One with work and living spaces so that human beings can realize more of their potential by being able to walk and safely bike more.

        I have over 10 years experience doing Earthworks, permaculture and Food Forest Gardening. I have been actively promoting healthier living for over 20 years.

        If you do not have the patience, persistence or wisdom for this type of project you may want to explore existing groups like Colombia Ecovillage, FosterVillage, Kailash Ecovillage, Trion Creek Community, etc.

        Thank you for your interest.

        Bill

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Earthpoint Twelve <earthpoint12@...> wrote:

        > Hello Bill,
        >
        > I'm intrigued by this ecovillage.  A bit about me:
        >
        > Now in my mid-50s, ready to power down a bit on the competitive lifestyle I sought for years, I have a decade and a half's experience with raw food prep.  That includes over a half-year running Gabriel Cousens' greenhouse at Tree of Life, where among other duties I redesigned the physical structure of his greenhouse, cultivated wheatgrass, taught guests vermiculture and how to sprout.
        >
        > With a master's and a law degree obtained in mid-life, I also have strong education/writing/marketing skills and a thorough understanding law's role in capitalism.
        >
        > I moved to PDX last August when my kid got a full scholarship to Reed College.  I am considering staying on, if I can find a way of living/place to live that is satisfying.
        >
        > FYI - I'd be a wee and eye at this point.
        >
        > Jaina
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Nina Bindi
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
          HI,

          I am interested in the kitchen,
          as I am returneing to pdx, and have a product line I developed this last winter on Maui..
          of Healthy treats, raw desserts etc,..
          can I call you..?
          am not much of a typer..

          Thanks,
          Bindi
          also have LOTS of experience in Intenional Communities..

[...]

          (541) 761-3314

        • Earthpoint Twelve
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2013
            Bill, yup, Reed's a sweet spot (minus the booze and pot....)

            Thanks for the welcome.  Here's the scoop:

            I do not want to join an already-established eco-village; the only one that seemed feasible economically (Kailash) was not my cup of tea.  I don't need housing immediately, either.

            Patience and persistence are my specialties.  I like to think wisdom is as well.  My bugaboo is time however:  I'm always running short of it for what I'd like to accomplish.  So unless I could see a clear barter, a current-moment exchange for whatever skills I could donate ---and they are many, from accomplished vermiculture to legal prowess (worms to worms, with superb kale chips on the side) --- I'd be hesitant to invest time at this point.

            So I'm trying to get a clearer sense of what stage you're at, what you're looking for besides investors?  Perhaps investors are really all you need at this point?

            J.