cheap organic foods locally?

  • alexpukay
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hello everyone. I'm new to vegan raw foods. Would like to get any tips on how and where to get organic vegan produce for inexpensive prices. Whole foods and New seasons stores are pretty expensive, and I also won't like to go to different stores only to get cheaper prices on different foods. Thank you. Alex
    • jasminewildcrafter
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
        hit up the local farmers markets!
        check out these sites for locations and more info:
        http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/
        http://www.krugersfarmmarket.com/cityfarmstands.html
        hopefully you will find one near you.
        congratulations on your new raw veganism!

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "alexpukay" <alexpukay@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone. I'm new to vegan raw foods. Would like to get any tips on how and where to get organic vegan produce for inexpensive prices. Whole foods and New seasons stores are pretty expensive, and I also won't like to go to different stores only to get cheaper prices on different foods. Thank you. Alex

      • woodlandrealm
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
          I support a family of four on one income, sometimes you can only do the best you can do. So, I shop at Winco, they carry some organic produce and I buy that when I can. Organic is hands down better, but if you can¡¯t afford it, my view is that it¡¯s still better to be eating whole fresh apples that were sprayed with pesticide, than eating processed corn product that was also sprayed with pesticides at some point.

          I wish you all the luck with your new lifestyle!! ¢¾