Kate Magic in town Tuesday

  • brion.oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012
      Hi, folks --

      The Living Raw in Portland meetup group is sponsoring a visit from Kate Magic on Tuesday, Oct. 30th. She's also doing a kids-focused event with the Raw Food Playgroup on Thursday, Nov. 1st.

      Pre-registration for both events is quite small, so I'm trying to drum up additional interest. The Tuesday event is $5, at People's in the evening, and is scheduled as an informal potluck and Q&A. The event on Thursday is for raw kids and their parents and is free with a donation requested.

      Both events are currently set up as potlucks, which I suspect is contributing to their low pre-registration numbers. I'm going to give the larger Tuesday event another 24 hours and then will likely switch it over to a more standard lecture presentation in the hopes that attracts more folks. I'm alerting this list either to drum up additional support for the potluck or to announce the switch to a lecture format.

      Kate Magic is among the most renowned raw foodists and authors in the UK and Europe. She has a large internet presence and has written four books, with a fifth coming out in November (Raw Magic: Superfoods for Superpeople). She's been a raw foodist for over two decades, and is raising three sons in the raw vegan lifestyle. She's unlike any other speaker we've had in Portland in some time, and I'm hoping we can give her a good Portland turnout.

      Please pass the word along!

      Potluck and Q&A with Kate Magic , Tuesday 7-9pm, People's, $5
      Raw Children Talk! , Thursday 2:30 - 4:00 pm, near Lewis & Clark, free with donation requested

      Be well!

      -Brion