Re: [RawPortland]

  • Kathleen Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4 4:14 PM
      I'm new to the raw food scene and wanting to go to some pot lucks in the pdx metro area, also to meet with the Essene folks. Can anyone tell me when and where for any of the above?
      Kathleen
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 11:25 AM
        > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen wrote:
        > I'm new to the raw food scene and wanting to go
        > to some pot lucks in the pdx metro area, also to
        > meet with the Essene folks. Can anyone tell me when
        > and where for any of the above?
        > Kathleen

        Hello Kathleen,

        Welcome to the group! I will post this months potluck and event
        info on this yahoo group and on the website www.rawportland.org .
        There will be 3 potlucks next week! I am hosting a potluck on the
        second Wednesday, July 14. On Thursday, July 15, Eden Health
        Ministries will host their 3rd Thursday potluck in Oregon City. There
        should be a 3rd Friday monthly potluck at People's Co-Op in SE
        Portland, July 16.

        There are Essene Church services once a month in Portland. It is
        usually the second Sunday of the month (July 11) at The Center for
        Natural Medicine, 1330 SE 39th Avenue, which is 1/2 block north of SE
        Hawthorne. The service starts around 12:30pm, upstairs on the second
        floor, and is followed by a vegetarian potluck. To receive more info,
        fill out the box at the bottom of this website or send them an e-mail
        http://www.essene.org/home.html
        ESSENEINFO@...

        I can e-mail you more info about this months service when I receive
        it later this week. The 2004 National Essene Gathering is July 30
        through August 1 at Camp Serene in Noti, OR ->
        http://www.essene.org/Essene_Gathering.htm

        Have a great day!

        Mike
      • Kathleen Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18 12:37 PM
          Mike,
          Thanks to you and others who responded to my query regarding raw potlucks in PDX. I cleverly funneled all my raw mail into a folder and then forgot to check it. Thus I successfully missed all the events I would have loved to attend. I'm a bit of a glutton and the prospect of giving up my hedonistic ways causes me to lurch a bit as I move toward the raw life.

          As far as I can tell from the  rawpdx site, there are no more potlucks until the 28th, and no more Essene services until next month. Rats! The National Essene gathering 7/30-8/1 makes the 3rd event competing for my time and attention that weekend. Sometimes I'd like to just chuck it and go live in an Ashram. Have been reading the "Essene Gospel of Peace" - quite interesting.

          If anyone know of other events, I'd like to hear about it. Think I've got myself oriented to check my raw folder now. Look forward to meeting you all in the near future.
          Kathleen