Visiting Portland this weekend

  • Rachelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2012
      Aloha,

      I'm a long time raw fooder coming to Portland for a family visit and weekend massage training course (Vancouver). I'll be there just a few short days. Friday Oct. 26 though Mon. the 29th. Is there anything interesting going on this weekend?

      any yummy restaurants anyone would like to recommend?

      thanks so much
      Rawchelle
      from the Big Island of Hawaii
    • Jeff Rogers
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
        Aloha, Rawchelle!

        This is one thing going on:

        I'm in Seattle and haven't eaten there recently, but here are two restaurants with raw options:

        Blossoming Lotus Irvington - http://blpdx.com/
        1713 NE 15th
        Portland, OR 97212
        503-228-0048

        Prasad – Eat. Inspire. Unite. http://prasadcuisine.squarespace.com/
        925 NW Davis
        Portland OR 97209
        (within Yoga Pearl)
        503-224-3993

        Organic groceries and some prepared raw foods:

        People's Food Coop
        3029 SE 21st Ave.
        Portland,  OR

        Jeff
        (Previously of Oahu)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
          Mahalo Nui Jeff (previously from Oahu)
          I'll see what time allows.

          My sister is in Tigard and the class is in Vancouver.
          So, lots of traveling around. :)

          Rawchelle

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Rogers <jeff@...> wrote:

          > Aloha, Rawchelle!
          >
          > This is one thing going on:
          > http://www.meetup.com/LivingRawPDX/events/88329102/?a=ea1_grp&rv=ea1&_af_eid=88329102&_af=event
          >
          > I'm in Seattle and haven't eaten there recently, but here are two restaurants with raw options:
          > Blossoming Lotus Irvington - http://blpdx.com/
          > 1713 NE 15th
          > Portland, OR 97212
          > 503-228-0048
          >
          > Prasad – Eat. Inspire. Unite. http://prasadcuisine.squarespace.com/
          > 925 NW Davis
          > Portland OR 97209
          > (within Yoga Pearl)
          > 503-224-3993
          >

          > Organic groceries and some prepared raw foods:
          >
          > People's Food Coop
          > 3029 SE 21st Ave.
          > Portland, OR
          > http://www.peoples.coop/
          >
          > Jeff
          > (Previously of Oahu)
          >
          > On Oct 23, 2012, at 12:26 AM, Rachelle wrote:
          >
          > > I'm a long time raw fooder coming to Portland for a family visit and weekend massage training course (Vancouver). I'll be there just a few short days. Friday Oct. 26 though Mon. the 29th. Is there anything interesting going on this weekend?
          > >
          > > any yummy restaurants anyone would like to recommend?

        • Chris Keinath
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
            Prasad is one of my favorite restaurants... located inside of Yoga Pearl, a block north and a block east of Powell's bookstore.

            http://prasadcuisine.squarespace.com

            Enjoy your visit!

            blessings (Prasad)!
            -chris