Re: Mesquite pod powder

  • bijou.bijou@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2012
      Hi, Bill,

      Sad to hear that Mesquite trees are disappearing :(

      Where do you buy your young Thai coconuts?

      Thanks!

      Aimee

      --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, William Milmoe <wmilmoe@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for asking Aimee.
      >
      > Chad Sarno's book has a list of world cuisines and the spices/ingredients
      > that each type of cuisine uses. His book may have some other uses for
      > Mesquite.
      >
      > The Empire seems intent on destroying all forests and Mesquite trees are
      > being cut down for $$ as a flavoring wood used in barbeque's.
      > The Rebel Alliance recommends using the pod of the Mesquite tree as a
      > sustainable way to support the trees.
      >
      > Here is my recipe for a thick Chai shake that I am currently enjoying:
      >
      > 1/4 cup Organic Raw Mesquite powder
      > 3 stalks of celery
      > 1 medium carrot
      > coconut meat from 3-5 young Thai coconuts
      > 1 qt. filtered water or the water from 2 or 3 of the coconuts
      >
      > Blend and enjoy. If you do not want the orange tint from the carrots use
      > less or leave out entirely.
      > NOTE: Many people today do not have much "night vision" so getting
      > digestible raw carrots into one's diet is important.
      > Garnet Yams can replace carrots as a vitamin A source.
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > 1a
      > Re: Mesquite pod powder
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RawPortland/message/2892;_ylc=X3oDMTJyYWpqMzNrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEyMDgyNDEyBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ4MgRtc2dJZAMyODkyBHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzNDA5NzU0NjE->
      > Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am (PDT) . Posted by:
      > "bijou.bijou@..." bijou.bijou@...
      > <bijou.bijou@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Mesquite%20pod%20powder>
      > What is Mesquite Pod Powder used for, other than in a Chai? Is it
      > medicinal?
      >
      > Thank you....
      >
      > Aimee

    • abundant11
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2012
        Glad that this thread got 'resurrected' as I made apple sauce yesterday from a neighbor's apples and forgot to use celery to moderate the sugar and made mesquite pod powder "young coconut milk" and again forgot to use celery.

        Aimee I buy Thai Coconuts by the case at Asian markets like Fubonn or the Vietnamese market on Prescott east of I-205 at about 98th?

        Please do not consume more then 1 or 2 cases a week.. Moderation of good things... slowly eliminate the bad...