Re: RawPortlander Reaching Out

  • Gabrielle Chavez
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
      Hello, Tatyana,
      Your letter has touched me. I read it also to my husband Thomas, who cannot read emails because he has lost his vision. He is, on the other hand, very experienced with helping people in distress and is willing to receive a call from you. His cell # is 503-957-8005. Like you, neither he nor I know specifically what help may come of this, but we are willing to reach out in response to your cry. And also like you, we believe in the power of community.
      Gabrielle and Thomas
    • Tatyana
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2012
        Hi Gabrielle,

        Thank you so much for your e-mail.  I will give Thomas a call in the next day or two.

        All the best,

        Tatyana

        Dr. Albert Schweitzer, believed that even insects were deserving of compassion and would stop to move a worm from hot pavement to cool earth. Aware of the problems and responsibilities that go along with an expanded ethical code, Schweitzer said that we each must"live daily from judgment to judgment, deciding each case as it arises, as wisely and mercifully as we can."  -PETA

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2012
          WOW, sounds like tough times, Tatyana...

          Thanks for reaching out; that is a great first step. Glad to hear Gabrielle suggested connecting with her husband Thomas. I know you will find the support you need; "Ask and you shall receive." You WILL find the support and love you need to get to a second step & beyond.

          Blessings to you in the midst of trial and pain. May this be another small voice saying: YES! There is light & hope ahead... Trust in tomorrow, Tatyana.
          peace,
          -chris