RawPortlander Reaching Out

  • tgoly
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
      I am reaching out to this group for some hope and perhaps some help(in what form I'm not sure of).

      Five years ago, I moved to Portland with the intention of finding a healthy community to be a part of and to use my knowledge of healing practices(gravity-based colonics) and healing foods to make a living and to help people along the way.

      Sadly, my intentions were not realized. After struggling with health problems for the last five years and being unable to work, I find myself without friends, family or community and facing the frightening reality of having to leave my apartment in two months. I don't know who would approve me for a rental, much less how I would move my infrared sauna to another place.

      Unfortunately, I have been unable to attend the meet-ups and weekly raw food dinners, so I am not acquainted personally with any of the members of this group. However, I do still believe in the power of community, and I hope I can still connect with some of you. I just want to believe that it's not too late for me to find community. Even if I do need support right now, I know I can(and very much want to be) be supportive to others - if not now, then in the future.

      I'm not even sure of what I wrote here, or if it makes any sense. Forgive me, my head is spinning. I have had dark times in my life, but I have never felt so lost and alone. I would appreciate a voice in the darkness right now.

      Thank you. Feel free to e-mail me.

      Blessings to all of you.

      Tatyana
    • Gabrielle Chavez
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
        Hello, Tatyana,
        Your letter has touched me. I read it also to my husband Thomas, who cannot read emails because he has lost his vision. He is, on the other hand, very experienced with helping people in distress and is willing to receive a call from you. His cell # is 503-957-8005. Like you, neither he nor I know specifically what help may come of this, but we are willing to reach out in response to your cry. And also like you, we believe in the power of community.
        Gabrielle and Thomas
      • Tatyana
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2012
          Hi Gabrielle,

          Thank you so much for your e-mail.  I will give Thomas a call in the next day or two.

          All the best,

          Tatyana

          Dr. Albert Schweitzer, believed that even insects were deserving of compassion and would stop to move a worm from hot pavement to cool earth. Aware of the problems and responsibilities that go along with an expanded ethical code, Schweitzer said that we each must"live daily from judgment to judgment, deciding each case as it arises, as wisely and mercifully as we can."  -PETA

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2012
            WOW, sounds like tough times, Tatyana...

            Thanks for reaching out; that is a great first step. Glad to hear Gabrielle suggested connecting with her husband Thomas. I know you will find the support you need; "Ask and you shall receive." You WILL find the support and love you need to get to a second step & beyond.

            Blessings to you in the midst of trial and pain. May this be another small voice saying: YES! There is light & hope ahead... Trust in tomorrow, Tatyana.
            peace,
            -chris