OT Raw dog & cat food

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      Hi Portlanders,
      I just wanted to let you know about a very special opportunity for you to get your hands on some truly wild, pure, clean food for your carnivorous pets.  I will be bringing a large order of wild venison scrap to Chehalis, where it will be picked up and transported to Portland for people who order it in advance.  The scrap comes from hunted deer and elk in Eastern Washington.  It comes in two forms, large meaty bones (ribs, spine and neck sections, about 5” in any direction) and boneless trim (cut in strips, about 10% fat overall).

      If you feed your pets raw, you probably know that store bought meats are increasingly adulterated and sub-standard.  Even cuts of meat that seem pure are typically “enhanced” with chemical additives.  Feed animals are raised on cheap junky food and medications, residues of which are stored in the fat cells of the animal.  When our cats and dogs eat the fat, they’re ingesting the harmful substances that were fed to the animal when it was alive.  As a 23-year vegan, I’m no fan of hunting, naturally.  But this scrap would otherwise be sent to the landfill or the rendering plant.  So using it to feed our animals benefits everyone and makes the fullest use of the deer’s sacrifice, which would happen anyway.  In addition, the quality of this food is so high that mere money cannot usually buy it.  It comes from animals who lived in their natural wild habitat, eating what their senses drove them to eat and nothing more.  The closest thing obtainable from a store would be organic/grass fed beef or buffalo, which is prohibitively expensive.  Even the domestically raised rabbit being sold in the raw feeders buying club I belong to is 30% more expensive than this wild venison scrap.

      The buying club I referred to is a raw feeders’ Yahoo Group that concerns itself only with sourcing raw food for dogs and cats.  It has almost 1,000 members living in Washington and Oregon.  They buy bulk quantities of commercially available food and also foods that aren’t available commercially.  If you’re interested in ordering venison scrap, it would be best for you to join the group so you can stay updated on your order and other buying opportunities.  If you go to the home page of the group (http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/WAzzuOR_BARF/), you will also find photos, prices and descriptions of the venison scrap under “Photos” and “Files” sections.  Click on “Database” then click on the venison database for pricing and pick up dates.  If you live in Southwestern Washington or Oregon and want to order, please email me directly rather than adding to the database as I’m keeping a separate list for these orders.  Please do not email me with questions about the products before looking at the information at the above link.

      Thank you,
      Nora
      Declare your independence from “health”-care industries which thrive on misery!
      www.RawSchool.com
      www.NoMoreVetBills.com
      Dog home alone?
      www.DoggyPlayGroups.com