RE: [RawPortland] Rash

  • Sue Nackoney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
      Bill and anyone else,

      Our daughter has had a lot of rashes in the last few
      months, she is all raw and has been for her 16 month
      life as of the present. I didn't think she was
      de-toxing when she is only 16 mo, tho I know we have a
      lot of toxins in our environment and even in breast
      milk, sadly. That aside, I have been on a search for
      what is going on. here's what I've found

      food allergies can cause rashes. Berries are in season
      now, and they are common allergins. When I took
      berries out of Persephone's diet, 50% of her rashes
      went away. Many people I know have had success with
      the Vega test for allergies, though we did not go that
      route.

      food intolerances can cause rashes. the idea is that
      there are some foods and combinations of foods that
      each individual can not digest because they are
      genetically unable to make an enzyme somewhere along
      the chain of enzymes needed to digest that food. We
      did test P. and she came up with a fruit intolerance!
      This has been really hard on some levels for me, but
      she is still raw and is eating and enjoying what I
      give her, and she is way better with less rashes and
      she sleeps much better at night despite a big ol molar
      coming in.

      If you would like the contact info for our naturopath
      doctor or to ask more, email me at
      suenackoney@....
      Good luck!
      Sue