jason mraz and updated "The times they need to be changing" words to Bob Dylan's 1960's song

  • William Milmoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 11:04 AM

      As I was searching for the raw food musician ( the closest I can remember his name is shimsham(sp?)) I found this quote from Jason Mraz on the E3 live site

      E3Live is my JAM
      "After all, we ARE in the LIVE entertainment business. Before every show I enliven my attitude with a generous shot of BrainON® mixed with just a little Aloe Vera Juice. No show is complete without it. No Doubt! Thanks to the freshness of Wild Blue Green Algae, I stay focused and committed to my LIVE audience of 10,000 hungry guests."

      — Jason Mraz
      Musician

      jasonmraz.com

      See the site yourself at this link

      http://www.e3live.com/testimonials/jason_mraz.html?SID=11f6dc3779fb81078d66475dbdc2df63

      I have a guitar student that inspired me to learn and teach her Bob Dylan's "The times they are a changing".  After reading "The Bush Agenda" about the rise of corporations and there agenda over the last 50 - 70 years I realized how the times they have changed and the words could be updated.  Here is my first draft:

      Come gather round people don't at the mouth foam

      For while you are suffering you are not alone

      yes the corporations are strong and now our country own

      they are poisoning us and hurting us right to the bone

      put life and peace as what we need to focus on

      For the times they need to be changing

      come writers and mystics who inspire us with your example and pens

      and get to work on a new documents and past one's we need to mend

      for the future of nature and man is what we need to defend

      so keep you sights high, pure and don't be afraid to offend

      For the times they need to be changing

      the senators and congressmen are attending a ball

      their pockets are stuffed with money they're distracted shopping at the mall

      its our liberties and our core values that have taken the fall

      we need some protection we need someone on who we can call

      For the times they need to be changing

      Come mothers and fathers make peace with the earth

      for we need your help to change and a new civilization give birth

      stop clutching possessions, embrace humanity and mirth

      for as you come through the transition you'll find what has real worth

      For the times they need to be changing

      a line must be drawn, a curse must be cast off

      our ideals need to be valued and elevated aloft

      each person is important each animal's shackles taken off

      it's a process not a state that will keep us from being bought off

      and help us be firm on ideals but on life soft

      For the times they need to be changing

      Thank you

      Bill