Explore Raw Vitality Sponsor

  • Gabrielle Chavez
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011

      Hello Emily,
      Christ the Healer UCC is a Portland area experimental spiritual community, and member of the United Church of Christ denomination which in its 15 years has been active in health and peace work.  You can learn more about us on our websites, www.cthgathering.org and www.compassofgrace.com.  Many of us are raw foodists and for the last 5 years have sponsored the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat at Camp Adams.  Our sixth annual retreat is scheduled this year in August.  www.rawandlivingspirit.org.  We also sponsor a weekly raw food dinner and spiritual community gathering, Sunday Supper, whose menu we post on www.meetup.com/livingrawpdx.  I'm so sorry you only turned up a sex talk in your search instead of returning the call from our registrar when paypal notified us you were questioning that you had registered for Explore Raw Vitality. Being a non profit has allowed CtH UCC to ask for volunteers, raise scholarships, contract for liability insurance, and negotiate low enough rentals to put on these events of service to those interested in health and spiritual growth.  This service is one expression of our faith, and no one is required to follow what we believe.  Thank you for the opportunity to clear up any confusion.  By the way, the early bird registration fee you received only just covers the costs for the event and does not subsidize our operations. All of the members and friends of CtH UCC are volunteers, including myself, who give our time out of love and enthusiasm for the wider community. I do hope you will join us at Explore Raw Vitality.
      Gabrielle Chavez, pastor