Family Farmer and Rancher Day is 3/15

  • vitalenergetics@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      thought you might want to check this out...
      Blessings
      Devin

      This message is going out to all of you that have participated in the
      Agricultural Reclamation Act, and might be interested in once again
      demonstrating the strength of Oregon’s family farmers, ranchers, and
      eaters. In the past 12 months, we have made a lot of progress and are
      excited to be able to bring everyone together for a day in our State
      Capitol to show our public officials and state agencies that Family
      Farms Mean Business.

      Save the Date:
      Come to Salem for the Family Farmer and Rancher Day at the Capitol on
      March 15th. Talk to your legislators about the importance of local
      agriculture, support our farmers and ranchers, and help create the kind
      of food system you would like to see in our state.

      Join Friends of Family Farmers and the Oregon Grows Partnership
      Organizations for this fun day at the State Capitol. Bring your voice
      to the issues that are important to all Oregonians – urban, rural,
      producers and eaters. The strength of our community is demonstrated
      every time we come together to ensure that our food is grown close to
      home, by people we know and trust.

      Who: Farmers, ranchers, eaters, urban and rural residents
      What: Family Farm and Ranch Day at the State Capitol
      When: Tuesday, March 15th, 2011, 9:00-4:00
      Where: Meet at the First United Methodist Church, 600 State Street,
      Salem, OR

      Come for part of the day, or stay for the whole thing. Talk to your
      legislators, visit our Galleria Farmers’ Market, join the Rally and show
      that Family Farms Mean Business!

      RSVP@... to let us know you are coming, and we’ll
      help set up meetings with your legislator. For a complete schedule of
      the day and more information visit,
      www.friendsoffamilyfarmers.org/?page_id=961 or call 503-759-3276.

      Product for the "Farmers Market" inside the Capitol: We are looking for
      folks who can help with providing product to create a beautiful display
      of our Oregon bounty. We will be setting up tables/booths like a
      farmers market, and putting out everything from produce to eggs to meat
      to starts to seeds. If you can provide food that can be sampled (nuts,
      greens, fruit, honey, jam, cheese, etc.) or even just items to display,
      please get in touch ASAP by calling the office: 503.759.FARM (3276) or
      by emailing rsvp@....

      Volunteer Help: We could use some farmers market setup and breakdown
      help, as well as help serving the samples and talking to folks in the
      capitol about the need to support our family farmers and ranchers.
      There are other small jobs throughout the day that would be easier to
      accomplish with some volunteers to help. If you can help us, please
      contact Cathy at the office by phone: 503.759.FARM (3276) or email:
      cathy@....

      Thanks!

      Megan

      --