Raw Curious Potluck

  • Thomas & Gabrielle Chavez
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2004
      Hi All,

      This is just a reminder that the second gathering of Portland's new Raw Curious Potluck will happen this Wednesday, March 10th, at 6:30 PM, at Mike's house 50 SE 62nd Ave. - just one block south of Burnside.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

      In Light and Love, Thomas
    • Jaramillo Kerry
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2004

        Hi,

        The crust is made of buckwheat, apple and fresh rosemary.

        The marinara is made of tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil & oregano.  It'll be topped with zucchini and sun-cured black olives.

        The side salad will be "wilted" kale.

        The soup is either red pepper or green goddess.  Jury is still out.

        The dessert will be a fruit tartlet with vanillla coco cream.

        All the ingredients are organic.

        Hope this helps.

        Peace,

        Kerry

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
          Hi folks,

          The 2nd Wednesday "Raw Curious" Potluck will take place this
          Wednesday August 11, between 6:30 and 9pm. The potluck is at my house
          and is hosted by Thomas, Gabriel, my roomates, and myself! Please
          join us for some delicious raw and living foods. This is a great time
          to meet new friends and learn about the raw foods lifestyle. The
          potluck is for those who are curious about the living foods lifestyle
          as well as experienced raw foodists. Everyone is welcome and please
          bring friends!

          My address is 50 SE 62nd Ave., it is one block south of E. Burnside.
          The phone number is 503-234-2435. Please make sure your dishes are
          100% raw vegan and list the ingredients next to your dish. A simple
          fruit or veggie salad is always welcome.

          In other news, check out this picture of the biggest durian ever!!!
          http://www.juntak.com/pictures/B_our_durian_star.jpg
          Wow! More pictures-> http://www.juntak.com/pictures.htm

          This link is a tribute to Gypsy Boots, who passed away Saturday
          morning.
          http://www.rawfood.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003673

          Hi Leslie,
          You asked about Alissa Cohen's book "Living on Live Food", I haven't
          seen it anywhere around Portland. I'm sure it will be available at
          the Festival, a few of the vendors should be selling it.

          Mike
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
            Hi folks,

            The 2nd Wednesday "Raw Curious" Potluck will take place this
            Wednesday, September 8, between 6:30 and 9pm. The potluck is at my
            house and is hosted by Thomas, Gabriel, my roomates, and myself!
            Please join us for some delicious raw and living foods. This is a
            great time to meet new friends and learn about the raw foods
            lifestyle. The potluck is for those who are curious about the living
            foods lifestyle as well as experienced raw foodists. Everyone is
            welcome and please bring friends!

            My address is 50 SE 62nd Ave., it is one block south of E. Burnside.
            The phone number is 503-234-2435. Please make sure your dishes are
            100% raw vegan and list the ingredients next to your dish. A simple
            fruit or veggie salad is always welcome. I hope to see you there!

            Mike

            mike@...
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2004
              Hi folks,

              The 2nd Wednesday "Raw Curious" Potluck will take place this
              Wednesday, October 13, between 6:30 and 9pm. The potluck is at my
              house and is hosted by Thomas, Gabriel, my roomates, and myself!
              Please join us for some delicious raw and living foods. This is a
              great time to meet new friends and learn about the raw foods
              lifestyle. The potluck is for those who are curious about the living
              foods lifestyle as well as experienced raw foodists. Everyone is
              welcome and please bring friends!

              My address is 50 SE 62nd Ave., it is one block south of E. Burnside.
              The phone number is 503-234-2435. Please make sure your dishes are
              100% raw vegan and list the ingredients next to your dish. A simple
              fruit or veggie salad is always welcome. I hope to see you there!

              Mike Snyder

              mike@...
            • Celeste Crimi
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2004
                I'll have to pass along my regrets, as I'll be at SmartMonkey Food's Vegan Nights eating Risotto (my fave).

                Have y'all considered picking another night that doesn't have a conflicting event?  I mean for the future?

                Hope you have fun!
                Celeste