Re: Brion...any recipes using raw cacao butter you'd like to share?

  • brion.oliver
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2010
      Hi, Sunny!

      Our Community Pantry posts recipes every month through our newsletter. We featured cacao in May, so there are a few cacao recipes on our website, including nutritionist Adrea Nakayama's amazing Nakayummies.

      You can find our recipes at: http://ourcommunitypantry.com/recipes.html

      Andrea publishes recipes every month in her newsletters as well, and has a number of amazing cacao-based recipes that are converting folks to raw desserts. Her offerings aren't all raw, but most of them are. You can sign up for her newsletter at: http://www.replenishpdx.com/

      One of my favorite recipes, that I sold for a while at the food co-ops in town and at farmers' markets, was for an avocado-based raw cacao pudding. No butter, but a high-quality cacao powder. It was based off of a recipe in the Raw Food for Dummies book, but almost everyone has a variant on it that you can find out there. Dates and agave for sweetener, avocado, water, some vanilla. It's the kind of thing I recommend playing around with until you get the right combination of flavors for your own tastes. Go light on the sweetener and cacao at first... I prefer it rich and chocolately and not too sweet, and if you are using a high-quality cacao you can use less for more flavor.

      Thanks for asking! Be well!

      -Brion

      Our Community Pantry
      Real Food Purchased Together