Brion...any recipes using raw cacao butter you'd like to share?

  • sunnymilanna
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hi, Brion,

      I love...love...LOVE chocolate and find the dark chocolate quite therapeutic...and now am looking for tried and true recipes using raw cacao butter...do you have any recipes you'd share?

      Thanks so much!

      Sunny
    • brion.oliver
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2010
        Hi, Sunny!

        Our Community Pantry posts recipes every month through our newsletter. We featured cacao in May, so there are a few cacao recipes on our website, including nutritionist Adrea Nakayama's amazing Nakayummies.

        You can find our recipes at: http://ourcommunitypantry.com/recipes.html

        Andrea publishes recipes every month in her newsletters as well, and has a number of amazing cacao-based recipes that are converting folks to raw desserts. Her offerings aren't all raw, but most of them are. You can sign up for her newsletter at: http://www.replenishpdx.com/

        One of my favorite recipes, that I sold for a while at the food co-ops in town and at farmers' markets, was for an avocado-based raw cacao pudding. No butter, but a high-quality cacao powder. It was based off of a recipe in the Raw Food for Dummies book, but almost everyone has a variant on it that you can find out there. Dates and agave for sweetener, avocado, water, some vanilla. It's the kind of thing I recommend playing around with until you get the right combination of flavors for your own tastes. Go light on the sweetener and cacao at first... I prefer it rich and chocolately and not too sweet, and if you are using a high-quality cacao you can use less for more flavor.

        Thanks for asking! Be well!

        -Brion

        Our Community Pantry
        Real Food Purchased Together