Re: [RawPortland] any events 7/11/10

  • Jeff Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22 8:42 PM
      Gabrielle reminded me of the Sunday Supper, so I'll plan to be there.
      I have yet to attend one, so am looking forward to it. I may stop by
      Blossoming Lotus for lunch Monday before my drive home.

      Jeff

      On May 22, 2010, at 7:40 PM, Serena wrote:

      > I don't know of anything on the schedule, but I suppose with this much
      > advance warning, we could come up with something! What do you say,
      > folks? A raw potluck picnic here in Vancouver? How about Vancouver
      > Lake park? That's close enough to the border with Oregon where it
      > shouldn't be too far out of the way for Portland folks.
    • brion.oliver
      Message 2 of 5 , May 23 11:36 AM
        Hi, Jeff!

        Yes, Sunday Supper is a weekly catered raw foods event every Sunday in Milwaukie. The June 11th event is not yet posted, but folks can read about today's dinner here:

        http://www.meetup.com/LivingRawPDX/calendar/13500650/

        The Blossoming Lotus downtown has closed, and they have moved to a more fine dining establishment in NE Portland near the Lloyd Center. Their menu remains predominantly the same. I have personally found that a number of local raw foodists have drifted away from Blossoming Lotus; they seem much more focused on their cooked vegan selections, and the vitality/energy of their raw food offerings, IMO, has suffered for that.

        I'm going to try out Prasad today, which is the eatery that replaced Blossoming Lotus in the downtown Pearl location. They're been receiving very favorable reviews from the folks I've talked to, but I haven't yet tried it myself. They are also a mix of raw and cooked food.

        http://prasadcuisine.squarespace.com/

        Enjoy your trip!

        -Brion

        www.OurCommunityPantry.com