Re: [RawPortland] Best blender and where to buy

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2010
      Hi there,
      I wouldn't call my Blendtec "indestructible".  I've had to replace the container 5-6 times in the 9 years I've had it.  Two years ago the motor burned out, but the good news is the company replaced the whole machine, free of charge.  I've used both and I'd say the Vitamix is probably more reliable and sturdy.  If I was shopping for a high speed blender now I'd probably check out the HealthMaster, which is less expensive and looks like it does everything the other machines do.  Here's an ad for what looks like a great deal on a used Vitamix http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/hsh/1722875966.html.  There are lots of them on Ebay too, usually.
      Nora

      --------------------------
      Does anybody NOT love their Vitamix?
      And how does it compare to Blendtec?

      Both are supposed to be indestructible, 2-3 horsepower, etc...

      And where is a good place to buy for a good price?
    • lindazoo@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2010

        i have had BOTH
        liked Blendtec size and shape but when I challenged it the machine walked around the counter top
        have had vitamix machines for 30 years but sold mine to get the blendtec
        now I again own a vitamix which Costco sells a couple times a year for $397 or something like that
        they both cost about the same
        My vote is vitamix, just wish the container was smaller.