Re: [RawPortland] Re: Slightly OT -- Vaccine-Autism

  • Cori Barth
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 20, 2010
      this was to Nora, Mike- I agree with you...

      From: Nora Lenz <nmlenz@speakeasy. net>
      To: RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 9:36 PM

      Mike,
      You'll find lots of studies supporting vaccination.  The only thing any of them "proves" is that money buys studies.  There is no money to be made in proving vaccines are harmful.  If this was not the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion because the truth would be widely known and vaccination would long ago have been discarded.  Vaccination is not about human health, it's about money.

      Generally, the mainstream press (including The Lancet and Time Magazine) is not a reliable source of truthful information about health (among other topics).  That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see that the interview I posted was produced by a mainstream media outlet.  With all that money at stake, the truth is still getting out.  Unfortunately it has to become really obvious before that can happen, which means lots of harm to lots of children.

      Best wishes,
      Nora

      Here is a quote from an article in Time magazine:
      http://www.time. com/time/ magazine/ article/0, 9171,1003673, 00.html

    • Emily Troper
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
        We have not vaccinated our four children, yet, because we are not convinced that vaccines are safe.

        We started our extensive research before our oldest was born (18 years ago) and have continued that research throughout the years. We have NEVER felt 100% sure of our decision not to vaccinate, as the potential risks of either path are so difficult to calculate/predict, but we have factored in things that we feel are on our "good immunity" side such as: natural births, exclusive and extended breastfeeding, organic food, lots of time outside in nature, homeschooling, and high interest in our childrens' health and well-being.

        We have a wonderful family practitioner who respects us and whom we trust, we are "on top of" typical childhood illnesses with natural treatments and close observation and do not hand over our family's health decisions to unknown authority figures - we know how to research various paths to healing, and know when there isn't much choice (for example in the case of our teenager's emergency appendectomy a few years ago, there was no hesitation! :)).

        It would be wonderful if the typical family could prevent all illness and disease (and autism) simply by eating/living perfectly and using the law of attraction to attract good health, but we live here in THIS society, in THIS era, and the stress of that alone makes doing those things difficult if not impossible, so we do the best we can.
      • Nora Lenz
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010

          I'm never as informed as I'd like to be, Cori.  :)  This is what has kept me looking for answers for 23 years.

          For all the pharmaceutical industry's claims that vaccines "eradicate" disease, it was interesting to note that in a recent mumps outbreak in New Jersey, 77% of the afflicted had been vaccinated, as reported by CNN.  Here's a story about it:  http://www.naturalnews.com/028142_mumps_vaccines.html.  This is very unusual, but only from the standpoint that we don't often hear the unfiltered truth about the "failure" rate of vaccination, especially via the mainstream media.  The "failures" are actually quite common.

          There are no "pros" of vaccination.  They never, ever do anything beneficial in the body.  When they appear to "prevent" constructive illness, it is because they so devitalize the body that sometimes it can't muster the energy required to generate symptoms.  This is not a good thing.  That's why vaccine "failure" isn't failure at all.  Constructive illness has a very important role to play.  When waste accumulates to the point where it jeopardizes the vital functioning of the body, it has to come out via symptoms.  If the body lacks the capacity to generate symptoms, the waste is retained in the body where it causes degenerative disease.  People tend to blame the vaccines themselves for causing degenerative illness but it's really this phenomenon that accounts for it, although the toxins in the vaccines contribute proportionally.

          Negative responses to poisons being injected into the bloodstream cannot properly be categorized as "allergy".  Allergy is a pathological condition, and there is nothing pathological or abnormal about a body rejecting poisons.  It is the reaction of a healthy, vital body.  That it happens in some children or people and not in others is a function of how compromised (toxic) they already are at the time of the inoculation.  I am not allergic to anything but if a vaccine was injected into my bloodstream, I could almost guarantee I'd get symptoms.

          We can keep this discussion going as long as you'd like, and/or as long as the other listmembers will endure it, because I am happy to use it as an opportunity to share more information about how disease really works.

          Best wishes,
          Nora
          P.S. I do have a favor to ask ... I'm sure those members receiving these posts in digest form would appreciate your trimming your posts.  Thanks in advance.

          I don't think you are as informed as you'd like to be.

          ...you can't deny the evidence of the good vaccines have done...

          Everyone should weigh the pro's and cons of vaccinations, then choose what they wish.

          I do believe that vaccines can sometimes illicit allergic responses in children...

        • Margie
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
            As a medical professional I can tell you all right now that the majority of doctors and nurses refuse all vaccines. Why? Vaccination is NOT immunization. We were not created in the image of an idiot therefore our design is perfect. Unfortunately, as we looked for a way to avoid responsibility for our health, the powers to be came up with a 'solution.' As long as we believe that there are 'experts' more knowledgeable than God humanity will always experience disease and decay. Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.

            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
              Again, I am not saying that everyone should feel one way or the other- just be informed.  Eating a raw diet CAN make wonderful things happen in our bodies, but sometimes traditional medicine can be beneficial.  I don't get flu shots, don't take anti-biotics, and still am undecided as to whether or not I would vaccinate a child if I had one.  However, I do get a yearly mammogram, a papsmear, and encourage men to have prostate checks.  There is no harm in being informed about what is going on in our bodies, and if we find disease, at least we are able to target it through diet.  I am on this site because I eat a raw diet.  No more, no less.  I haven't attacked anyone, I have just stated and restated that I think people need to be informed.  Just one child developing autism from vaccines isn't ok, but if we just assume it's the vaccines instead of something else (environment that is extremely toxic, soil that is tainted, etc) then we may be doing ourselves an injustice.  Just as it is not ok for a child to get autism from a vaccine, I believe it is not ok for a child to get a deadly case of mumps, measles, or rubella from NOT getting vaccinated.  It's just a differing of opinion.  I have read several interviews of Noras, and find her very intelligent and informed.  However, I disagree with her on this one issue.  If disagreeing with someone is the same as attacking them, I guess we who have raw diets are attacking people every time we defend our belief.  Nora- Sorry if I worded things in a way that seemed mean.  I didn't mean to, and I value the fact that our opinions can differ.

              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
                I believe that's true, yet others don't maintain their health the way we do- it's them that I worry about.  If I had a child who was dying of a low platelet count or low rbc, I would transfuse them in an instance.  I respect your opinion, and agree that our bodied are designed very intelligently.

                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
                  I love the fact that you have put so much thought into this.  Parents have to protect their children, and the fact that you don't want to do anything ill-informed is wonderful.  I still don't know for sure what I would do- there is just so much conflicting information out there.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010

                    Transfusing carries risks of its own, even setting aside the fact that it does not remove the cause of the problem.  Wouldn't it be better to know why the platelet count was dangerously low?  Most of the time this kind of condition is caused by the body's defenses being overburdened by the regular consumption of inappropriate foods and substances (herbs, medicines, vaccines, etc.) that precipitate a defensive reaction in the body.  The body always gives plenty of indication that there's a problem before it gets to the stage of emergency.  Medical intervention, on top of original cause, is what typically causes a situation like that to get to a crisis level.  Administering a risky transfusion at that point is seen as the only way to save the life, but the truth is that it only further burdens an already overwhelmed body.  When the child or person pulls through, the transfusion is credited.  When s/he doesn't, the "disease" is blamed.  It's a self-fulfilling little device that is used by all doctors.  In reality, when the body heals, it always does so in spite of treatment, not because of it, and in most situations when people are thought to die of "disease", it's really the treatment that killed them.  I know this is a difficult idea for most people to embrace, so entrenched and seductive is the belief in "cures".

                    To deal properly with that kind of situation, you'd have to address the early indicators of disease, identifying the causes, and removing them.  Then the body would be able to heal itself.  A doctor couldn't help with that process, since they are not taught this information.  Children don't die of low platelet counts spontaneously, indiscriminately, randomly and without cause.  There are always, ALWAYS gigantic, obvious, death-dealing mistakes being made on the part of the caretaking adult(s), including vaccination and medical intervention (suppression) when constructive illness (colds, flus, etc.) strikes.

                    Best wishes,
                    Nora

                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 21, 2010
                      We have such completely different views- however, I respect your beliefs.  If one kept a very healthy lifestyle, I do believe their body would stave off disease.  I'm glad that we can have such diversity in our views on healthcare- if one studies all of the different theories, they can come to an informed decision about their own healthcare.  Sorry if I was being offensive last night.