Re: [RawPortland] Durian fruit

  • Cori Barth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2010
      There was fresh Durian fruit still in the pod at Uwajimaya in Beaverton a week ago- don't know if it's still there, but they almost always have it!

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2010
        you can get FRESH durian and frozen prepackaged durian at this asian market in town. The fresh durians are pretty expensive about $30 - $40 each, but it's fun to finally try a fresh one and see the difference. personally I like eating then semi frozen much better and so usually just buy the 2 serving frozen packages for $4 each. here's the link:
        http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS243US243&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=asian+market+portland+powell&fb=1&gl=us&hq=asian+market&hnear=portland+powell&cid=7824892708620621805