Re: any local raw/juice retreats?

  • Emily Troper
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
      Brion,

      Thank you so much for these wonderful links and ideas, your help is much appreciated!

      Emily
    • Emily Troper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2010
        Hello beautiful raw people!

        Here I am again, still looking for help for the raw life. I wrote the below in late November 2009, then we moved (we have an acre in the city!), and then a large tumor was discovered in my right lung - it was completely blocking my bronchi and therefore also the two lower lobes of my lung - so pneumonia was recurring and THAT was the cause of my breathing problems. I had a bronchoscopy (a terrible procedure!) and they were unable to biopsy it, so in late April, I underwent major open chest surgery to remove the tumor and 2/3 of my right lung. It turns out the tumor was a carcinoid - low-level malignancy, neuroendocrine, and not associated with smoking, and they were able to remove it all - but the surgery, 10-day hospital stay (including several days in ICU) and LONG and very painful recovery have been challenging to say the least.

        I have a ten-inch scar across my back and side, and chronic nerve pain from where they cut my intercostal muscles and spread my ribs apart to access my lung. I also have four kids to raise. I HAVE to get control of my life and health once and for all. I need help/support/advice. Anyone here have MAJOR health issues and turn to a raw food diet to help heal? Everyone around me thinks I'm crazy for continuing to talk about going raw after all this...but I still truly feel it's the way to health for me.

        Thanks!

        Emily