pecan pie recipe from potluck last spring? and more t.giving questions.......

  • wakachoochoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2009
      Hello ~

      remember the one-year anniversary potluck this past spring @ the stark meeting house? Someone made an impressive Pecan Pie and i'd LOVE to ask for the recipe. I own the Cafe Gratitude books; is it from there? if not, is there a way to make it that amazing w/o irish moss? (i have some of that too, just nervous about experimenting on thanksgiving day).

      also...someone that i'm sharing thanksgiving with, wants to do a LOCAL thanksgiving. ingredients sourced within a 100 mile radius. what items/recipes have you come up with?

      i know we have hazelnuts.
      greens.
      apples and pears...what else? (anyone work at peoples and want to clue me in?)

      honestly i'd be happy with just a huge salad, but i wanted to offer something more creative and raw for the non-raw foodies out there. i know the NW also has amazing mushrooms, but "marinating" them usually involves lemon and tamari (both not local!)

      thanks for the info...
      blessings,
      christine

      p.s. one more thing. there are so many raw recipes out there utilizing raw squashes and sweet potatoes. i once tried to make a butternut squash soup in the vitamix and it was AWFUL! so starchy and yucky. how do people find making pies and soups? did i do something wrong?