Re: [RawPortland] Re: Dental health - recommendations (& internet bashing)

  • pdxdirt@intergate.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2009
      A couple of years ago, several on this list wrote on the dentists they
      visited.
      Dr. Jeffrey Williamson was mentioned a few times. I had a checkup at
      Centerpointe Dental, but nothing major. This is one of the few
      dentists listed in the Redirect Guide.

      I saw this review (with ratings). Very strange, either 5 stars were
      given or 1 star, except for one rating.
      http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3720190853

      Is this because Dr. Williamson and Centerpointe are alternative or
      actual experiences? The office seems to be on track, but a mere
      checkup is easy to give a good impression.
      Gentech got 46 reviews nearly all of them 5 stars - very suspect as
      they were posted in just a few days.

      mel

      Quoting Stacey Fassino <sfassino@...>:

      > Hi Celeste!
      >
      > I would highly, highly like to recommend Uncle Harry's Tooth Powder;
      > it is an unbelievably excellent product!   Also, for dental health,
      > essential oils seem to work nice (as an adjunct.)  Tooth & Gum
      > Elixer,  is a good one; you can also make your own blend, or do
      > something simple like mix a few drops tea tree oil with water and
      > use as a rinse.)�
      >
      > Uncle Harry's can be purchased at Mirador and at People's and
      > Alberta co-ops.�
      >
      > Haven't tried toothsoaps, the idea of soap in my mouth never
      > resonated; but I think that some people like using them?   And I
      > feel that it is best to stay away from most toothpastes because of
      > the ingredients.
      >
      > Best Wishes,
      > Stacey

    • sunnymilanna
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2009
        I would avoid him like the plague. I had a terrible experience with him and his obnoxious office help. You can also tell by his extremely upscale expensive office where his patient's money goes.

        There is a great dentist in Fisher's Landing...she is also an MD (DMD)...she believes in Holistic Dentistry. Email me directly, Celeste, if you want her name and I will look in my files to find her name for you.