Re: [RawPortland] Re: Dental health

  • Stacey Fassino
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2009
      Hi Celeste!

      I would highly, highly like to recommend Uncle Harry's Tooth Powder; it is an unbelievably excellent product!   Also, for dental health, essential oils seem to work nice (as an adjunct.)  Tooth & Gum Elixer,  is a good one; you can also make your own blend, or do something simple like mix a few drops tea tree
      oil with water and use as a rinse.)

      Uncle Harry's can be purchased at Mirador and at People's and Alberta co-ops.

      Haven't tried toothsoaps, the idea of soap in my mouth never resonated; but I think that some people like using them?   And I feel that it is best to stay away from most toothpastes because of the ingredients.

      Best Wishes,
      Stacey

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2009
        A couple of years ago, several on this list wrote on the dentists they
        visited.
        Dr. Jeffrey Williamson was mentioned a few times. I had a checkup at
        Centerpointe Dental, but nothing major. This is one of the few
        dentists listed in the Redirect Guide.

        I saw this review (with ratings). Very strange, either 5 stars were
        given or 1 star, except for one rating.
        http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3720190853

        Is this because Dr. Williamson and Centerpointe are alternative or
        actual experiences? The office seems to be on track, but a mere
        checkup is easy to give a good impression.
        Gentech got 46 reviews nearly all of them 5 stars - very suspect as
        they were posted in just a few days.

        mel

        Quoting Stacey Fassino <sfassino@...>:

        > Hi Celeste!
        >
        > I would highly, highly like to recommend Uncle Harry's Tooth Powder;
        > it is an unbelievably excellent product!   Also, for dental health,
        > essential oils seem to work nice (as an adjunct.)  Tooth & Gum
        > Elixer,  is a good one; you can also make your own blend, or do
        > something simple like mix a few drops tea tree oil with water and
        > use as a rinse.)�
        >
        > Uncle Harry's can be purchased at Mirador and at People's and
        > Alberta co-ops.�
        >
        > Haven't tried toothsoaps, the idea of soap in my mouth never
        > resonated; but I think that some people like using them?   And I
        > feel that it is best to stay away from most toothpastes because of
        > the ingredients.
        >
        > Best Wishes,
        > Stacey

      • Christine Cuilwik
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
          I too use Uncle Harry's tooth "paste". It's great stuff. I used to use
          tooth soap but it takes a ling time to foam, leaving a sticky soap
          residue on my teeth. Peoples sells Harry's. I also love Living
          Libations tooth oils... It's a raw vegan beauty company out of Canada
          and ALL their products are amazing but I highly recommend the yogi
          tooth serum or other tooth oil...I keep one in my car bc i love to
          brush my teeth!

          Oh and one other amazing, raw vibrational tooth product is Ascended
          Health's Oralive. They are also a raw company out of LA I think, that
          does *amazing* things with this and other products...infusing them
          with subtle energies, charging w lemurian crystals and marine
          phytoplankton . This product has probiotics in it too! This one stains
          the brush... It's a charcoal-colored paste-- but it's the only oral
          care item which you are encouraged to leave on.

          Any which way, toothpastes usually have glycerin, which can over time
          coat teeth and inhibit them from staying clean. The 4 products above
          area better bet.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • sunnymilanna
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
            I would avoid him like the plague. I had a terrible experience with him and his obnoxious office help. You can also tell by his extremely upscale expensive office where his patient's money goes.

            There is a great dentist in Fisher's Landing...she is also an MD (DMD)...she believes in Holistic Dentistry. Email me directly, Celeste, if you want her name and I will look in my files to find her name for you.