Raw Foods Grocery

  • girl about town
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
      Hi Everyone-
      I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
      If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.

      Have a great day!
      Cheers!

      Celeste K (in Vancoouver)
    • Stacey Fassino
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2009
        Congratulations Celeste!  This is wonderful news and very, very exciting!

        Wishing you the best; and looking forward to visiting your store (towards the end of the year :)

        Warmest,
        Stacey

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
          Hi

          E-mail sent, looking forward to visiting your new store.

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "girl about town" <dragonflyteahouse@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone-
          > I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
          > If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.
          >
          > Have a great day!
          > Cheers!
          >
          > Celeste K (in Vancoouver)

        • girl about town
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 28, 2009
            Hey Thanks everyone!This is a big step for me. I certainly won't turn away any volunteer offers getting things set up! :-)

            Just a small servey if I could please?... Is there any item that you use a lot, that you have a lot of trouble finding locally? Tell me what that may be.
            Also, what is the one item you think you use more than anything else.

            Thanks all!
            Peace~
            Celeste

            --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "nightowlnation" <nightowlnation@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > E-mail sent, looking forward to visiting your new store.
            >

            > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "girl about town" <dragonflyteahouse@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Everyone-
            > > I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
            > > If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.
            > >
            > > Have a great day!
            > > Cheers!
            > >
            > > Celeste K (in Vancoouver)

          • Serena
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 28, 2009
              Hi, Celeste -

              I'm excited about the prospects of a raw foods grocery here in
              Vancouver, it could save me many miles of gasoline over time!

              The things that I buy the most: fresh organic produce (of course :) ),
              bulk nuts and seeds, and raw cacao products. Like Stirs the Soul,
              Lulu's, and those fabulous cacao-mint bars, I don't remember who makes
              them. During the summertime, I love Bishop's I Scream.

              Thanks -

              Sue (Vancouver)

              [ Sent by girl about town at 10/28/2009 11:55 AM ]

              > Hey Thanks everyone!This is a big step for me. I certainly won't turn
              > away any volunteer offers getting things set up! :-)
              >
              > Just a small servey if I could please?... Is there any item that you use
              > a lot, that you have a lot of trouble finding locally? Tell me what that
              > may be.
              > Also, what is the one item you think you use more than anything else.
              >
              > Thanks all!
              > Peace~
              > Celeste
              >
              > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:RawPortland%40yahoogroups.com>, "nightowlnation"
              > <nightowlnation@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi
              > >
              > > E-mail sent, looking forward to visiting your new store.
              > >

              > > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:RawPortland%40yahoogroups.com>, "girl about town"
              > <dragonflyteahouse@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Everyone-
              > > > I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw
              > foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes
              > from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I
              > will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there
              > does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond
              > of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the
              > high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large
              > numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food
              > Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but
              > we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
              > > > If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on
              > our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.
              > > >
              > > > Have a great day!
              > > > Cheers!
              > > >
              > > > Celeste K (in Vancoouver)

            • sunnymilanna
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
                Congraulations, Celeste! I am so excited for you, starting a raw foods store!

                To answer your question re "Is there any item that you use a lot, that you have a lot of trouble finding locally?" My answer is:

                I would like to see truly organic produce that is NOT from Mexico and is preferably from local sources. In the winter, though, that may be a problem, so, I'd like to see that the organic produce from other areas have notes by each item saying exactly where it is from and is it USDA organic, or just organic, or sustainable, etc. It would be nice to have organic produce that really is 100% safe to eat: for instance, there is one local farm that grows organic tomatoes but also uses fish oil and egg shells in growing them. I would like to know what the source of the fish oil and the eggshells are, not just who they were obtained from, but, is the fish oil from farmed fish with antibiotics and food coloring or from wild caught fish. What country is the fish oil from? Same with the eggshells...are they from organic chickens that free roam, or are they also fed feed that is not safe to eat? Just because a produce is called organic doesn't necessarily mean it is safe to eat. I'd love to see a store that I can go to and trust that all the produce is 100% safe for me to eat.

                The other thing I'd like to see is prepared raw foods and things like raw honey and nuts, etc. be more affordable/lower priced so that more people can buy real healthy foods. The biggest complaint I am hearing from the general population when they hear the prices "Oh, I can't afford that!" which is true in many cases. For me, the only way I can afford the higher priced raw foods is because I grow a lot of my own produce. Not all persons can do this. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be able to afford some of what I call 'luxuries'.

                What do you think?

                Aimee

                --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "girl about town" <dragonflyteahouse@...> wrote:

                > Hey Thanks everyone!This is a big step for me. I certainly won't turn away any volunteer offers getting things set up! :-)
                >
                > Just a small servey if I could please?... Is there any item that you use a lot, that you have a lot of trouble finding locally? Tell me what that may be.
                > Also, what is the one item you think you use more than anything else.
                >
                > Thanks all!
                > Peace~
                > Celeste
                >
                > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "nightowlnation" <nightowlnation@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi
                > >
                > > E-mail sent, looking forward to visiting your new store.
                > >

                > > --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "girl about town" <dragonflyteahouse@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Everyone-
                > > > I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
                > > > If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.
                > > >
                > > > Have a great day!
                > > > Cheers!
                > > >
                > > > Celeste K (in Vancoouver)

              • Micaela Villasenor
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
                  Hey Celeste,

                  I'm not sure if you are hiring any employees, but if you need help please notify me. I would love to be involved in getting your store off the ground.  Good Luck! :)

                  Micaela Villasenor
                  971) 645-8249
                  PrePaid Legal Services Independent Associate
                  Save $ Shopping Online with BLASTOFF!

> [...]

                  > > > Hi Everyone-
                  > > > I just wanted to let you all know that I am opeing a Raw foods/whole foods Grocery soon here in Vancouver. I am just 5 minutes from Portland right off I-5. We do not have a clear open date yet, but I will keep you posted. My entire focus will be on Raw fodds since there does not seem to be a store centered on it around here and I am not fond of ordering items off the internet and paying shipping on top of the high price of the items. I did the whole foods co-op, but you need large numbers of people to really see a savings on that. So, Viola...Raw food Grocery. It will be a miracle if we get opened before the hoidays, but we are aiming for End of Dec. Beginning of January time line.
                  > > > If you would like to be included in our newsletter or updated on our progress, please email me off list and I will add you to the link.

                • Cori Barth
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                    Hi! I'm excited about your new store.  My husband and I are about 60/40 right now, and would lolve to go about 90/10.
                    (raw v. cooked ratio)  I feel great about that since he went from being a redneck carnivore to almost a vegan.  If you need any cashiers for your store I would love a job- I'm a pt student
                    right now, and been laid off for well over a year (I was a medical assistant, but the office merged with another and they had to make budget costs)  At any rate, I'm excited to shop at your store.Being a student, I am always looking for fast things to take for lunch at school and things like kale snacks are hard to come by out here.  Also, if you are carrying nuts we're always looking for them.  If you had ready-made spring roll dips and maybe pre-made cold soups- miso, borcht,gazpacho- that would be something that would make life easier.  Good luck with everything!  Cori--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Micaela Villasenor <msvillasenor@...