Getting help

  • joel@mentics.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
      I'm wondering what it would cost, and if we (my family) could find
      someone to do it, to hire someone to help us go raw. Is there someone
      whom we could hire to:
      1) Develop an initial transitional menu and modify it over time to
      move to a "pure" raw diet
      2) Do all the food shopping
      3) Do all the food preparation

      I know there are coaches available, but I'm not sure that is enough to
      get us there at this point. We're very busy, and figuring out how to
      go raw on our own hasn't been successful yet. I thought I would throw
      out this question to find out how much something like this would cost,
      and then if necessary, back off little by little on the trade off
      between expense and chance of success to find a happy medium.

      Thanks!
    • lindazoo@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
        two thoughts:

        HallelujahAcres Diet & Lifestyle
        1-800-915-9355
        they may have someone in this area to connect you to.

        Attend one of the live food potlucks, 2nd sunday of each month
        at Bikram Yoga, John's Landing studio, 5816 SW Hood Ave and connect with other raw food people and ask around.

        In a message dated 9/4/2009 1:01:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, joel@... writes:

        I'm wondering what it would cost, and if we (my family) could find
        someone to do it, to hire someone to help us go raw. Is there someone
        whom we could hire to:
        1) Develop an initial transitional menu and modify it over time to
        move to a "pure" raw diet
        2) Do all the food shopping
        3) Do all the food preparation

        I know there are coaches available, but I'm not sure that is enough to
        get us there at this point. We're very busy, and figuring out how to
        go raw on our own hasn't been successful yet. I thought I would throw
        out this question to find out how much something like this would cost,
        and then if necessary, back off little by little on the trade off
        between expense and chance of success to find a happy medium.

        Thanks!

      • brion.oliver
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
          Hi, Joel!

          Both Agnieszka Zoltowski of The New Leaf (newleafpdx@...) and Lizz Bommarito of Circle A Kitchen (circleakitchen@...) have expressed interest in doing raw foods catering for folks in the community, and might be interested in this arrangement.

          You can also find a complete listing of all Portland-area potlucks and raw foods groups on http://OregonRawResource.org/ in the event they are unable to help you with this and you want to pursue it in other forums.

          Good luck and be well!

          -Brion

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, joel@... wrote:

          > I'm wondering what it would cost, and if we (my family) could find
          > someone to do it, to hire someone to help us go raw. Is there someone
          > whom we could hire to:
          > 1) Develop an initial transitional menu and modify it over time to
          > move to a "pure" raw diet
          > 2) Do all the food shopping
          > 3) Do all the food preparation
          >
          > I know there are coaches available, but I'm not sure that is enough to
          > get us there at this point. We're very busy, and figuring out how to
          > go raw on our own hasn't been successful yet. I thought I would throw
          > out this question to find out how much something like this would cost,
          > and then if necessary, back off little by little on the trade off
          > between expense and chance of success to find a happy medium.
          >
          > Thanks!

        • Cori Barth
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
            I'll do it for $400/wk+ shopping expenses.  I understand how difficult it can be, because my husband and I have been trying for a long time.  I am a great cook, my husband is a chef, and we understand what it takes to go raw.  How many kids do you have?  Vegan or not?  I can get everything locally and organic!  Cori

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
              Hi, Joel!

              I'm also going to recommend Susan George, who has been working with me making fresh kale salads under The Raw Matrix's food label, and who is an accomplished raw chef from Australia. She may be ideal for your situation!

              -Brion

              --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, joel@... wrote:

              > I'm wondering what it would cost, and if we (my family) could find
              > someone to do it, to hire someone to help us go raw. Is there someone
              > whom we could hire to:
              > 1) Develop an initial transitional menu and modify it over time to
              > move to a "pure" raw diet
              > 2) Do all the food shopping
              > 3) Do all the food preparation
              >
              > I know there are coaches available, but I'm not sure that is enough to
              > get us there at this point. We're very busy, and figuring out how to
              > go raw on our own hasn't been successful yet. I thought I would throw
              > out this question to find out how much something like this would cost,
              > and then if necessary, back off little by little on the trade off
              > between expense and chance of success to find a happy medium.
              >
              > Thanks!

            • Cori Barth
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009