Re: [RawPortland] Physician recommendation

  • Kristin Odegaard
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi There,

      I am a student at NCNM, the naturopathic medical school.  I can research for physician that might be able to serve your needs.  We also have teaching shifts that are very reasonable and might be in your insurance network.  It sounds like naturopathic medicine is right up your alley.  There are some NDs who work with a raw diet or know how to.

      Because our clinic is moving to our new building, services are reduced for the summer.

      Here's the number:  503-552-1551  The receptionist can recommend who specializes in those issues.

      My condensed observation so far:

      Dr Steven Sandberg-Lewis:  Specializes in issues pertaining to gastroenterology
      Dr Kimberly Windstar:  Women's health
      DrThom:  Homeopathics, food allergies, balancing and drainage

      Hope this helps!

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        My husband is a Naturopathic Physician who specializes in food allergies and balancing hormones. He is very familiar with and supportive of  the raw vegan diet. He is also on most insurance panels. Here is his contact info:
        James Hermes, N.D.
        Beaverton Naturopathic Medicine
        4085 SW 109th Ave., Suite 200
        Beaverton, Or. 97005
        503-643-1024

        Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
        Take care-
        :)Angela

        Angela Hermes
        Nutritionist@...
        www.RawPeople.com
        www.RawPeopleRadio.com

        The debt that each generation owes to the past, it must pay to the future. -Abigail Scott Duniway
        http://abchermes.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
          I would like to recommend Marlane Bassett. She is a member of the
          Portland raw food community and a naturopath. Her office phone number is
          503-235-2120.

          Annette