Unpasteurized almonds

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hi All,
      Just wanted to let everyone know that I will have unpasteurized almonds for sale again this year.  As you know, with the exception of almonds that are specified as "unpasteurized", all almonds destined for the domestic commercial market are either chemically or thermally pasteurized, and can still be labeled "raw" and "organic" and the retailer does not have to specify which process was used.  The almonds I'm selling are unpasteurized, unfumigated certified organic Nonpareils (the most popular variety of almond, characterized by its flatness, large size and light color), and will be harvested in late August or early September.

      2009 prices are projected to be comparable with last year although this year I will be offering a lower price for bulk orders over 20 pounds.  Barring unforeseen fluctuations, less than 20 pounds will be $10/lb., over 20 pounds will be $9/lb.  If you require shipping, 10 pounds will fit in a flat rate postal box that costs $11 to ship.  The larger flat rate box will hold 15 pounds, and I believe it costs $14 to ship (there was a price increase recently).  Pick up is available if you live in the Seattle area, and I will most likely be making a delivery trip to Portland sometime in October.

      The best way to assure that you'll have access to fresh unpasteurized almonds all year long is to buy them in bulk at harvest time and keep them frozen or in refrigeration.  I buy a large quantity in the Fall and usually sell out within a few months.

      I have set up a database for ordering, which can be accessed at the homepage of the RawPortland group.  Just click on "Visit your group" in any message, then on "database", then choose the correct table and fill in your information.  If you need any help, feel free to ask or send your order directly to me via private email.

      Best wishes,
      Nora

    • Nora Lenz
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2010
        Hello RawPortlanders,
        For anybody living near the I-5 corridor between Seattle and Redding, I will be driving thru this weekend and can deliver almonds to save you shipping charges.  They are certified organic, raw, UNpasteurized, unfumigated, this year's domestic crop, large non-pareil variety, $8.50/lb.  Minimum 5 pounds.  Sorry for the late notice.  Email me back asap if you'd like to order.
        Thanks,
        Nora

      • Paul Fieber
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 19, 2010
          Nora

          We live in Myrtle Creek and got the almonds last year and met you in Ashland.   We will be available this weekend and if I know your schedule we could meet up with you along I-5.    We would like to have at least 25lbs of the almonds.   Will you have any other nuts of any kind with you.   We could use walnuts.

          Paul

          541-860-5258
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2012
            Just wanted to let everyone know that I will have more unpasteurized organic almonds in the next week or so.  They are 2011 crop, $9/lb for under 20 pounds, orders over 20 pounds are $8.50/lb.  Minimum order 5 pounds.  If you need shipping, it adds approximately $1/lb.  Please email privately if you have questions.  Thank you.

            Nora
            Declare your independence from “health”-care industries which thrive on misery!
            www.RawSchool.com
            www.NoMoreVetBills.com
            Dog home alone?
            www.DoggyPlayGroups.com
          • Greg
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 11, 2012
              Hi Nora,

              Do you by chance still have almonds for sale?  I am looking for 10 pounds or so.

              Thanks,
              Greg

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 11, 2012
                Yes, please contact me privately to order.  I have dropped the price to $8/lb for orders over 20 pounds.

                Nora
                -----------------------------------
                Declare your independence from “health”-care industries which thrive on misery!
                www.RawSchool.com
                www.NoMoreVetBills.com
                Dog home alone?
                www.DoggyPlayGroups.com

                Hi Nora,

                Do you by chance still have almonds for sale?  I am looking for 10 pounds or so.

                Thanks,
                Greg

                ---
                Just wanted to let everyone know that I will have more unpasteurized organic almonds in the next week or so.  They are 2011 crop, $9/lb for under 20 pounds, orders over 20 pounds are $8.50/lb.  Minimum order 5 pounds.  If you need shipping, it adds approximately $1/lb.  Please email privately if you have questions.  Thank you.

                Nora
                Declare your independence from “health”-care industries which thrive on misery!
                www.RawSchool.com
                www.NoMoreVetBills.com
                Dog home alone?
                www.DoggyPlayGroups.com

              • Margie
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 11, 2012
                  I got the same email. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to order any....currently.

                  Margeret Clarke, RN
                  Natural Health/Nutritional Consultant
                  Expert Nurse Curator