Has anyone (local) ever grown their own green tea?

  • michellekuepker@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      I just ordered a 2 year old Camellia sinensis, from Dashan which is in the Guizhou province of China. A neat story..

      The growers found a few plants left from an abandoned garden and they were covered with seed pods. Many of the seed pods contained five seeds which is quite unusual—one to three seeds is the usual number for tea. The foliage is of intermediate size and the hardiness is probably not exceptional since this area is relatively mild.

      Our soil here in West Linn is pretty acidic because of the pine trees. Has anyone out there had success growing tea? If you have, what light conditions?

      I'm very excited!

      Thanks!

      ~Michelle