make your own solar food dehydrator out of shoe boxes, etc.

  • tgoly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2009
      Hello All,

      I am not a frequent poster here, nor have I gotten involved in the living foods community here in Portland, though I hope to do so in the near future.

      I did want to share a post from Good Human's site on how to make a solar powered food dehydrator out of some simple materials, including shoe boxes. I figure with the sunny summer approaching, this would be a great time to use it.

      I get e-mails daily from Good Human, and I really enjoy their content on all things environmental.

      Here's the link:
      http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2008/09/08/building-a-solar-food-dehydrator/

      I know there are inexpensive dehydrators available at the big box stores these days, but I figure this would be cheaper to make, and better for the planet than buying one that's likely made in China, quite possibly out of toxic plastic.

      Happy spring to all.

      Tatyana