CSA Membership

  • staroseltseva
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26 8:16 PM
      Hello People!
      Just a quick question: did anyone have experience with subscribing to CSA (in Portland area)? I am trying to determine if its feasible to subscribe. Obviously, I don't want to find onions and potatoes in my basket too often, and I am not inclined to eating root vegetables as well. So, if you have a good/bad experience with those - I will appreciate you sharing it :)
      Thank you very much!
    • Lizz bommarito
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26 10:49 PM
        I am interested in doing this myself. I am also wondering if it might be too late to buy a share for spring/summer. I know usually people buy them around the new year. I also don't want a lot of roots and onions, but I do want lots of fruit and greens. Usually I buy by the case from farmers early in the morning at the markets and get a good deal. U pick farms are also great for large amounts of produce when it is in season locally. If you are interested in splitting a CSA share with someone, assuming there are some still available that are raw vegan diet friendly, I would be interested in maybe splitting a share with you.
        Lizz

        Just a quick question: did anyone have experience with subscribing to CSA (in Portland area)? I am trying to determine if its feasible to subscribe. Obviously, I don't want to find onions and potatoes in my basket too often, and I am not inclined to eating root vegetables as well. So, if you have a good/bad experience with those - I will appreciate you sharing it :)
        Thank you very much!

      • erin_sos
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27 8:34 AM
          I've joined Dancing Root Farms for this year, www.dancingrootfarm.com. I can't wait to start getting shares!

          Check out PortlandCSA.org for a whole listing of different CSAs.

          Erin

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Lizz bommarito <circleakitchen@...> wrote:

          > I am interested in doing this myself. I am also wondering if it might be too late to buy a share for spring/summer. I know usually people buy them around the new year. I also don't want a lot of roots and onions, but I do want lots of fruit and greens. Usually I buy by the case from farmers early in the morning at the markets and get a good deal. U pick farms are also great for large amounts of produce when it is in season locally. If you are interested in splitting a CSA share with someone, assuming there are some still available that are raw vegan diet friendly, I would be interested in maybe splitting a share with you.
          > Lizz

        • Stacey Fassino
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27 11:40 AM
            A friend of mine is also a member of Dancing Root Farm and Loves it!
            Sounds like a great choice!
            Stacey

            Check out PortlandCSA. org for a whole listing of different CSAs.

            Erin

            --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, Lizz bommarito <circleakitchen@ ...> wrote:

            > I am interested in doing this myself. I am also wondering if it might be too late to buy a share for spring/summer. I know usually people buy them around the new year. I also don't want a lot of roots and onions, but I do want lots of fruit and greens. Usually I buy by the case from farmers early in the morning at the markets and get a good deal. U pick farms are also great for large amounts of produce when it is in season locally. If you are interested in splitting a CSA share with someone, assuming there are some still available that are raw vegan diet friendly, I would be interested in maybe splitting a share with you.
            > Lizz

          • Micaela Villasenor
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 27 2:49 PM
              Hey There...
              I still have 3 shares left.  I run Wholesome Heart CSA ( runnning out of Yamhill County).....I plan to deliver on tuesdays (for PORTLAND) starting in may.  I am a raw vegan and all of the produce I grow using a organic, vegan, biointesive method with a focus on permaculture.  I would be willing to sell other rawfoodies shares at $300 (may-oct), normally $500. ( Compost buckets, newletter, recipes, and re-usable bins are included. Also planning on having member gatherings at the farm, every month w/music.)

              If you're interested in just the peak months, june-sept, it's $100/mo.
              I'm growing everything a raw foodie would want!  Also have berries, cherries, and perhaps some apples this year.

              So if you are interested please give me a call,

              Micaela Villasenor
              (971) 645-8249
              MSVillasenor@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 27 7:40 PM
                I am interested. Let me get back to you.
                Lizz

                MSVillasenor@ yahoo.com