"Raw Expansions" Class: Shopping Basics

  • Natasia Rana
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2009
      Sunday, March 29th
      9:00am-10:30am
      People's Co-op, Portland

      New to raw foods? Does a trip to the store overwhelm you? Fear not!

      This 90-minute class will teach you how to shop for raw foods and related products with confidence and ease.

      Areas we'll visit:
      *produce (of course!)
      *bulk items
      *superfoods
      *dry goods
      *refrigerated and frozen
      *pre-packaged treats

      Topics we'll cover:
      *when food is ripe
      *is it 100% raw? if not, how raw is it?
      *nutritional benefits of raw and living foods
      *going and staying raw on any budget

      Class size is limited in order to allow for comfortable navigation within the cozy co-op.

      Your tour guide, Tashi Rana, is a nutrition consultant and educator who emphasizes a holistic, plant-based approach to total well-being. She will receive her Master's in Vegan/Live-food Nutrition in September 2009.

      REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
      http://www.fieldofgreens.us/offerings/index.html
      $20 per person
      (If you wish to avoid the small Paypal fee, a check or money order can be sent instead. Email info@... to get a payment mailing address.)
      Payment must be received by Friday, March 27 in order to secure your spot.

      Unable to come this time? Future classes will be offered at other natural food stores and co-ops in the Portland metro area as part of the "Raw Expansions" series -- stay tuned!
    • Angela Coate-Hermes
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2009
        Cool! Where can you earn a Master's degree in vegan/live food nutrition?

        :)Angela

        The debt that each generation owes to the past, it must pay to the future. -Abigail Scott Duniway
        http://abchermes.blogspot.com/
        http://thehermesboys.blogspot.com/

        (If you wish to avoid the small Paypal fee, a check or money order can be sent instead. Email info@fieldofgreens. us to get a payment mailing address.)
        Payment must be received by Friday, March 27 in order to secure your spot.

        Unable to come this time? Future classes will be offered at other natural food stores and co-ops in the Portland metro area as part of the "Raw Expansions" series -- stay tuned!

      • Angelena Bosco

          --
          Angelena
          www.rawteacher.com/angelena
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2009
            Great idea, Tashi. I think this will be very helpful for people.

            I do have a suggestion to offer up.... perhaps People's can sponsor all or a portion of these tours (since, afterall, it is free marketing for them and the likelihood of people buying stuff at People's is very high). That would reduce the per person price and be a win-win for everyone.

            Best of luck!

            Sally

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 24, 2009
              indeed! i'm a student of dr. gabriel cousens through the tree of life rejuvenation center in patagonia, arizona:

              www.treeoflife.nu

              this summer is the last year the 27-day intense will occur, as the program is being discontinued so that gabriel can devote his time and energy to projects that will have a broad and strong impact on our global population.

              thanks for the tip, sally!

              tashi