Time to move to that Tropical paradise? or join or correspond with the peace corps?

  • wMilmoe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
      A friend just told me that half of the residents of the Canary Islands ( a spanish speaking resort destination off the coast of Africa) have moved away in the last two years as tourism is down.

      Often moving to a community in an economic down turn is smart as when the recovery comes you have some seniority and are settled in a better spot then the newcomers.

      The peace corps is a way to serve the world if you are looking for employment right now

      http://www.peacecorps.gov/wws/correspond/pcv_enroll.cfm

      If you are an employed teacher and do not want to volunteer yourself the Peace Corps can match you up with overseas volunteers to make the peace corp experience apart of your classroom instruction.

      Namaste.

      Bill
    • Serena
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
        Hi, Bill -

        Unfortunately, the Peace Corps will not take volunteers who are
        vegetarian, let alone raw vegan!! I knew a woman (vegetarian) who
        applied for the PC several years ago, went through the interview, and
        she was told that she would not be accepted because of her dietary
        choices.

        Blessings -

        Sue

        > A friend just told me that half of the residents of the Canary Islands (
        > a spanish speaking resort destination off the coast of Africa) have
        > moved away in the last two years as tourism is down.
        >
        > Often moving to a community in an economic down turn is smart as when
        > the recovery comes you have some seniority and are settled in a better
        > spot then the newcomers.
        >
        > The peace corps is a way to serve the world if you are looking for
        > employment right now
        >
        > http://www.peacecorps.gov/wws/correspond/pcv_enroll.cfm
        >
        > If you are an employed teacher and do not want to volunteer yourself the
        > Peace Corps can match you up with overseas volunteers to make the peace
        > corp experience apart of your classroom instruction.
        >
        > Namaste.
        >
        > Bill

        > *A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
        > <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219957551x1201325337/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62>*

      • Ekaterina Staroseltseva
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
          I got a reply from them:

          While vegetarianism is an issue that’s discussed with Peace Corps staff during the application and placement process, in terms of your flexibility and suitability for certain locations, many, many vegetarians, vegans, and others with special dietary needs successfully serve in the Peace Corps. You can find answers to other common inquiries at this link: http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=learn.howvol.topques.

          --
          (503)747-9582