Any educational seminars offered in Portland, like OHI?

  • junksome
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
      I was looking into Optimum Health Institute in San Diego, but I can't
      afford it. I was wondering if there is anything similar in Portland.
      Does anyone know? I am very new to raw foods and I need some help.
      Also, if you can recommend other groups in the Portland area, that
      would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    • Mike Snyder
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
        Greetings, and welcome to the group! There is some good info in this Yahoo group archives.

        > I was wondering if there is anything similar in Portland.

        While there is nothing quite like the Optimum Health Institute in the Portland area, there is a really cool place in Southern Oregon called the Angel's Health Food Institute.
        http://AngelsHealthFoodInstitute.com

        They teach the living foods program, complete with recipe prep, wheatgrass juicing, and detoxification programs.

        I just checked out their event schedule and see that Tom Woloshyn is giving a seminar at the Angels Institute next week. He is an expert on the Master Cleanser, and I interviewed him a couple years ago:
        http://www.therawdiet.com/tom_woloshyn.mp3

        Christy Whitney offers live food seminars, prepared live foods to go, detox programs, and juice fasting at her yoga studio in SW Portland:
        http://www.bikrampdx.com/

        A big part of the OHI program is their colon cleansing. There are some companies in Portland who offer this service, such as http://www.chakra17.com/main.asp?loc=w

        There are many good natural health doctors, naturopaths, homeopaths, & herbalists in town. There is a good list on the Naturopathic college website at
        http://www.ncnm.edu/alumni/careers-amp-classifieds/find-a-practitioner.php
        (search for Oregon)

        There are tons of raw food events each month in town, stay tuned to this group for updates!

        Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
          I do personal live food coaching and mentoring. I provide my services on a sliding scale based on income. Please check out my site Circleakitchen.blogspot.com if you are interested. Have a peachy day!
          Lizz

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
            Chef Al creates custom programs and offers private lessons in raw vegan cuisine.
            He is a vegan chef, educator and consultant and is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of
            America and Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. Please send e-mail directly to
            chefal@... (Website is being revamped so best to e-mail).