Cool Group! :)

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2009
      I'm new to this group and new to the Raw lifestyle.  I'm already feeling much better physically and mentally.  Thank you for the informative posts.

      Are there any local Raw cooking prep/education classes?

      Thank You!

      ~Elizabeth

    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2009
        Welcome, Elizabeth, and all newcomers! My spiritual community, Christ
        the Healer UCC, sponsors the annual Raw and Living Spirit Retreat
        (www.rawandlivingspirit.org), occasional raw events, and a weekly raw
        food prep class before our Sunday Supper gathering each week at Kairos
        UCC, 4790 SE Logus Rd., Milwaukie. We meet in the church kitchen from
        4:30-5:30 to help the weekly chef finish a 3 course menu that varies
        each time, so you can have hands on experience of many dishes if you
        become a regular. For table conversation, we share our personal
        experiences in response to a weekly theme. After dinner, those who wish
        are welcome to go deeper into the theme with a story-discussion, closing
        prayer circle and raw communion.
        This Sunday Tashi Rana is our chef, making two Thai dishes--Coconut
        Curry Soup and Raw Pad Thai--to accompany green smoothies and cookies
        for dessert. Donation for the class and dinner is only $10-$20, sliding
        scale. Please RSVP if you possibly can by reply email or a message at
        503-650-4447 so we can plan accordingly.
        Love,
        Gabrielle Chavez

        Elizabeth wrote:

        > I'm new to this group and new to the Raw lifestyle. I'm already
        > feeling much better physically and mentally. Thank you for the
        > informative posts.
        >
        > Are there any local Raw cooking prep/education classes?
        >
        > Thank You!
        >
        > ~Elizabeth

        > http://www.eset.com

        > http://www.eset.com
      • brion.oliver
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2009
          Elizabeth --

          Welcome! Congratulations on enjoying improved health!

          You might find Oregon Raw Resource to be a helpful website for you as
          you venture into the raw foods community. It has a listing of local
          classes, groups, restaurants, and special events, and you can elect to
          join the mailing list to receive announcements when the list is
          updated with new events or other entries. http://OregonRawResource.org/

          There are a number of active groups in town through which you can get
          access to much information and community support.

          Be well!

          -Brion

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth <whitewater20060303@...>