Re: Energy follows Attention Re: [RawPortland] Blossoming Lotus info -- the good they (sometimes) die young....

  • Roger Padvorac
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
      Hi Pamela,
      There does seem to be some synergy between our thinking, emotions, and the food we eat, and depending on a person's choices, the synergy can support constructive or destructive spirals in our lives.

      I would appreciate hearing your perception of the relative energy levels of the different emotions. If you could list them in sequence, from the highest energy level to the lowest energy level, that would be very interesting, and might help me understand this better.

      Likely there is some variance between people, in that some people experience a specific emotion differently, and so the emotion has a different effect on them than on other people. So I'm not asking for a universal view, just your personal experience with emotions and how high or low their energy is for you.

      I'm asking about this because I think its harder to get a sense of the impact of emotions on our health, than the impact of thinking or food, because we are inside the emotions and so its harder to get perspective on them, and because of this the impact of emotions on our lives is harder to see.

      I think part of it is there is a clearer, more objective memory of our thinking and the food we ate. By this I mean a week later a person can remember many of the words they thought and said the previous week, and its pretty obvious if your diet the previous week was French fries and donuts or raw apples and almonds.

      Its not nearly as easy to be clear about how much time was spent with which emotions last week, so its harder to associate emotions with their effects on your life. Also its easy to fool ourselves about what emotion we are really truly experiencing, especially if we are experiencing two or more emotions at the same time. Once a person can accurately associate actions with effects, then what they are working with is more meaningful than just ideas or rules, and its easier to commit to change and devote yourself to learning new habits.

      A healthy diet without healthy thinking and healthy emotions won't be nearly as effective as all three being healthy together at the same time, so I think its important to work on all three as a group.

      Anyway, for me, I'm finding it harder to learn about the effects of my emotions and to improve my emotional habits, than it is to improve my eating habits or thinking habits, so I will appreciate any clues you could share about this.

      May your day be filled with clarity, grace, strength, progress, and warm laughter,
      Roger