RE: [RawPortland] Supporting and honoring another local star - while she is still here

  • younger Gene
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2009
      Thanks Bill Milmoe,

      I give you a big DITTO,

      Thomas and Gabrielle Chavez rank near the top of the 10 most cherished and influential folks in my life.

      The Raw Food preparation Class is wonderful and well worth the meager $10.00 suggested donation. And believe me you could not get such a raw gourmet feast anywhere on the planet for 10 bucks. (Not even your beloved Blossoming Lotus. Liliana and I went to the BL  and spent about $20.00. It was a great meal and even though we left  hungry.)

      I have never left the Sunday Supper put on by Gabrielle and Thomas hungry, either physically or spiritually.

      And let's join in agreement that a local UCC church calls her soon so that we do not lose another treasure.

      In Clarity

      GENE YOUNGER                 360-326-8984  (Office)  503-708-1690 (Cell)

      Certified Vision Educator         Raw Food Enthusiast

      I am committed to clarity; yours........ mine---the planet !

      www.clearvisionnaturally.com

      To: rawportland@yahoogroups.com
      From: wMilmoe@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:12:00 -0500
      Subject: [RawPortland] Supporting and honoring another local star - while she is still here

      Gabrielle Chavez is a full time interim pastor and part-time Raw foods educator, author (The Rawfood Gourmet), organizer / founder of the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat (4th year this summer) among many other talents.

      She is between "interim pastor" assignments and who knows where the next one may take her.  So if you want to attend her catered supper or prep class on Sundays please do - Her own church is Christ the Healer (cth).

      http://cthgathering .org/?page_ id=10

      Diet can be such a deliciously helpful tool in awakening ourselves.

      Bill

    • Stacey Fassino
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2009
        Thank You Bill and Gene!  A big ditto from me too!
        I adore and appreciate Thomas and Gabrielle Chavez; they completely give from their hearts; I feel so grateful!  Providing us with fulfilling, delicious gourmet raw shared within a community of togetherness and sharing....we are blessed!

        In Appreciation,
        Stacey

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2009
          I am following up the comments of Bill, Gene, and Stacey in order to
          let you know that the information on the website that Bill quoted is
          only just recently out-of-date, with regards to the weekly Sunday
          Supper and Community-focused Raw Food Preparation Class, which moved
          its location at the beginning of January.

          The new time and location of this event is the Kairos-Milwaukie UCC at
          4790 Logus Road in Milwaukie, 97222. The food preparation class begins
          at 4:30pm, dinner is eaten at 5:30pm, and the optional spiritual
          discussion commences about 45 minutes later. There is a minimum
          donation of $10 for the class and dinner.

          This is a catered event; all of the food will be provided. It is
          helpful to sign up ahead of time, for purposes of ensuring the correct
          amount of food is prepared, but there is always enough for last-minute
          additions to the feast. You may sign up online at
          http://www.meetup.com/LivingRawPDX/

          We hope to see you there!

          -Brion